PLEASE SOMEONE DRINK

by Bob_NC 18 Replies latest jw friends

• watson
    watson
    It was decided at our Congo that we were not to count the partakers if there were any because obviously they didn't understand! Talk about Christian love!

You can't be serious!

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

I've heard of not counting them unless they were babtized, but that was the worst I ever heard.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Bob_NC

Not to fear! I did it, again. Not to spite them, or to be a pain, but as an act of faith in Jesus. (John 6:53, 54) I admit to being someone needing the forgiveness provided by the 'blood of the covenant,' which the wine symbolizes.

But I also have an "experience." A neighbor sat beside me (not a witness, but his father is in another state). This neighbor is interested in the Bible and is active in his church.

The speaker opened telling about the lengths some go to to attend the Memorial (so as to emphasize how important it is).

He said some would observe at kingdom halls, in private homes, and elsewhere, even when under ban. Then there was the obligatory experience of traveling hours, crossing croc infested waters to get to the memorial.

Some minutes later I asked him if I could type on a notepad app on his iPad. I asked (typed) 'do you remember he said some would celebrate in their private homes? He nodded yes, he remembered. I then typed: 'Why would someone endanger their family in croc infested rivers if he could celebrate it at home?

As soon as he read it he sat up straight.

I also told him several times that the speaker would not be reading John 6:53, 54. So he was watching for that. And sure enough, he didn't. (He (the neighbor) looked it up on his iPAd and seemed to see the connection with it and the memorial. The speaker was emphasizing that only those who go to heaven would partake. But Jesus made the connection between partaking and "everlasting life," which the speaker spoke of in connection with everyone. Again, it left a quizical look on his face and he leaned over and said 'we'll have to talk about this.'

We'll be talking more soon I hope. But this also shows that in a talk setting, most people are not able to analyze what they are hearing. When the speaker gives his talk with confidence (as ours did), for most people it is the bravado that sells it, even when the logic stinks.

Take Care

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Well played Bobcat, well played! John 6:53 & 54 is the reason the wife, kids & I decided to partake this year.

affectionately Brother of the Hawk

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Love it Bobcat. Just love it. John 6:53, 54 did it for me and are just too powerful to ignore. I recall looking over the Mem talk outline back and front for Scriptural reasons for not partaking. You know what I found...in the OUTLINE? "Last year (speaker to look up last year's numbers) X number attended the Memorial worldwide while only X number partook of the emblems, truly a little flock..."

The evidence for not partaking is how many people did not partake the previous year. Sheesh.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos
    You can't be serious!

Shirley, he is.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Bob_NC

The evidence for not partaking is how many people did not partake the previous year. Sheesh.

And they didn't partake because half the outline is used to warn them not to. They don't even use that much outline to warn against murder or child abuse!

And the numbers they give have been 'massaged.' The attendance is actual. The partakers are only the one's counted as 'legitimate.'

Take Care and thanks for your comments. And yours too Bro_Hawk!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

How can a bunch of non-partaking Elders judge who Jehovah has chosen to be part of the 144,000 ?

What blasphemous presumption !

It just goes to show too that their figures are inaccurate, there must be each year many more partakers than end up in the Report.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I can drink a couple of bottles of wine - no problem - I may be very tipsy there after but hey, you asked so nicely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit