The FIRST Memorial I’ve missed in 41 years…

by Londo111 37 Replies latest jw friends

• The
    The

I was born in. This is the first Memorial I've missed in 30 years. It feels weird...

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Good for you! Never have to attend one of those ever again.

After I walked out I have never set foot on Kingdom Hall property.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Like Billy I listened on the phone last year & missed it completely this year for the first time in over 50 years.

Feels strange not to go, but I didn't want to love bombed & I didn't want sheeples to think 'aaaah he knows it's the Truth in his heart'

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I attended over 50 of the buggers as a born- in for all those bloody years, 50 plus, and only one memorial talk was any good !

A new young Elder who didn't stick to the outline, but put his own heartfelt thoughts in a moving way, the rest, 50 plus , were crap or worse.

This is the fifth one I have not gone to, and I wouldn't even think about it if it weren't for this site.

The longer you are away the easier it gets to forget you were a JW.

I do like to know the date though, Mrs Phizzy and I can go out for a meal between 7 and 9 knowing we do not have to run in to anyone with a JW connection !

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I've missed the last three. Well I wouldn't say I'm missing it Bob.

Instead of doing that last night, I watched hockey, had a few beers and went out for karaoke.

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

Slept through it. Didn't miss a thing-- first time in 42 years!

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Congrats on your increased freedom! Raised-in and this was my third year not going. The first time, I worried if some calamity would befall me. This year, I completely forgot about it.

No calls or invites to the memorial or the dinners afterwards. No calls from family & "friends" asking how many we're attendance and if anyone partook. Nothing.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I asked an awakened friend in my area how it was, and he said, "DULL as"... well I can't complete the sentence. Evidently, a nearby visitor said to someone beside him, "Remind me to have something to do next year".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit