The FIRST Memorial I’ve missed in 41 years…

by Londo111 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Londo111
    Londo111

Last year, my last JW Memorial, I listened to the talk as an outsider would. The speaker strung unrelated texts together and for the first time, I saw that the interpretations made no sense. Afterward, I had a private Memorial with homemade unleavened bread and wine with four people--three of whom partook.

Since October, I've partook nearly every Sunday at church, and I plan to attend a commemoration of the Lord’s Supper this Thursday. The official term for this in mainstream Christianity is “Maundy Thursday”.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maundy_Thursday

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

Congrats! This will be the first one I've missed in 36 years, though the only slightly related thing I plan on doing is watching "Jesus Christ Superstar" on Netflix.

• mind blown
    mind blown

Wow.......

I hope you have a wonderful day and evening being free from the BS GB.....

• Theredeemer
    Theredeemer

today will be my first timr missing in the 30 years of my life.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

This is my 24'th time I'm missing it!

• Londo111
    Londo111

Going to a Bible study at church tonight—the theme is “Uncomfortable scriptures”.

Hoping the Judge and Crazie Freddie are rolling in their graves.

• WrongweektostopsniffingGlue
    WrongweektostopsniffingGlue

First I will have missed in my entire life.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Wrong week to stop sniffing glue: Do you know Don't call me Shirley? He's a new poster. Same movie, just a thought.

This will be Hubby & I first time missing in 49 yrs. We plan on doing a quiet celebration at home by ourselves. I just posted the bread recipe on the other thread about the Memorial if anyone needs it.

• lostinthought
    lostinthought

Good for you, I'm all dressed and ready to go to the memorial (slightly drunk as I finished a bottle of wine with dinner)

• Mum
    Mum

Wrongweektostopsniffingglue: Welcome to the forum. Tell us a little about yourself when you are up to it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit