slavenomore

by Slavenomore 44 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

SLAVENOMORE- You're a good man. Just finished reading your latest posts here about your experiences as an elder. You are dead on hen it comes to explaining how things REALLY go down behind closed doors at JC meetings. I was the recipient of unjust dealings from elders in JC meetings as well and fought them tooth and nail getting my DFing overturned when I appealed it in 2007 , 4 years after I stopped attending !

It's disgusting how those 2 self righteous elders made that young sister feel suicidal , what pigs- I'm so glad you were kind to her and my friend, you probably saved her life by being kind ! Building her self esteem back up ! THAT is what JW's need, but they rarely get that from elders- just get put down feeling guilt and like they aren't good enough. I really commend you for the great work you did and how you were able to escape and see through the whole WT scam. Good for you. I'm glad you've found happiness friend. You deserve it ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

SNM - Just got caught up on your story - WOW!

My ex-husband is a born-in who finally made elder at age 36. We moved to where the need was greater and he found himself in a really great group of elders who were truly sincere men. Eventually we had to move away to my parents' congregation where my father was the PO, leading a group of old-timers who didn't even crack open a bible at an elders' meeting. There was a lot of political crap going on as well. After a few years of breathing that poisonous air ex-hubby became disillusioned and discouraged and resigned. About 4 years later I woke up and freely shared my doubts with him. He agreed with me but said it actually strengthened his faith that Jesus Christ would clean the whole mess up. He's still plodding along in the same old rut.

• cobaltcupcake
  • Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Welcome Slavenomore, I found your story very interesting and will look forward to your posts. I want to thank you for being kind to that young sister. A friend of mine has a daughter who ended up in a JC and when she got home she was so sucicidal that they called the Secretary and said "what did you do to my daughter"? That jerk of an elder said in a sarcastic voice said "oh what is she going to do, kill herself"!! My husband was an ledger for many years and stepped down because of the nonscense that went on. I am glad you found a wonderful wife you can enjoy your life wih. Isn't it wonderful to be free?? I would love to hear the rest especially how your parents feel. My family is so happy I am out.

• Slavenomore
    Slavenomore

Cupcake,I read your story and what can I say, your courage in how you endured and just by telling your story and eventual transformation fearful slave to a free woman brought me through the rainbow of emotions. Us mere mortal men know a pittance of the strength you have. This cult is perverse in many ways but it's treatment in belittling a woman's role is abuse. I remember a book study and a question was asked how can sisters support true worship? Something like that, one sister raised her hand and said we can bring food like potato salad to gatherings and the brother just nodded his head like that was the support he was looking for.

Aunt fancy pants, thank you for your welcome.

Heres a little more of my experience:

I was known as brother enthusiastic. Out in service from the platform and in general, my demeanor was always heartfelt and genuinely expressed. I loved the friends and they loved me. It was beautiful, seemingly a life worth living. I remember seeing others who were not as happy and I wondered why? If we are to be the happiest people, why when I look out at the audience do I see such disenchantment and dullness? And then I was appointed an elder. I learned quite quickly that many of those that had that sadness on their face were those who experienced the weight of the arbitrary rules of this corporation. Those that had their lives ripped apart by disfellowshipping, by judgement and suspicion. Depression is rampant in our area and more so amongst the congos I associated with. As elders we are not able to handle depression. We thought that a few scriptures would help to pick them out of the downward circle would be it. A shepherding call, a nice word here and there. The elduhs are just not equipped to handle this. This depression and its pathological cousins I have come to know are a Direct result of the cognitive dissonance and the isolation many JWs feel. I had know knowledge of faders, to me it was always in terms of active and inactive. The inactives had lost their joy by being inactive. Then I was introduced to the JC. I was introduced to the inner workings of the CBE and it was then I realizd why so many looked the way they do, so different from the pictures on the WT. the men leading the congos were simply not qualified to inflate a tire let alone counsel someone in depression. it was an internal conflict that ate away at me until I left and learned the TTATT. Thanks to so many on this site that make the TTATT so readily available.

By the time I left I was consumed by materialism, Vacations and inner guilt. I became depressed, I was so miserable inside and I felt there was no way out, i watched every law and order show on as an escape. Now i dont even have a TV! I live as simply as possible, I live for each days blessing whether it's pruning my apple trees or helping my parents or just being with my wife on a couch reading. The joys of life, so overshadowed by the works of this greedy corporation, now available to me and everyone set free.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit