BOOK: Jehovah himself has become king - Robert king

by *lost* 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

agree with most who dont wish any harm on R King and the work he does, but his writings should sit well down on the priorities of reading matter about The WTS, perhaps near the very bottom. I find King's obsession with everything "Jehovah" makes me wonder if he is some buddy of his who he drinks with in a bar each night.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Mp,

It that old insinct that we have for reacting violently towards things that thwart our desires being projected onto a deity called jehovah.

• *lost*
    *lost*

thanks everyone, all comments are valid and i appreciate your time.

this was the first book i ordered, about two weeks ago, just delivered. I may regret it, but I will give it a try and see. I just need something basic now to get through quick and easy. like milk, lol .. not ready for meat yet. But at least i am making an effort i guess.

i did notice from the outset, it is very jw orientated.

However, it does seem to do a lot of explaining about the jw religious beliefs and the how and why of those beliefs. it does so far question the validity of 1914 etc and highlights other issues. So at the very least it will give me an uptodate modern understanding of the org.

COC - can't get it yet

many thanks

lost

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Here Robert take on the she bears that killed the jerring children

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgkIx7wdaiw

Robert talks about planting 2 types seed and 2 different types of fabric for clothes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR6JxVLnVyU

Robert take on biblical slavery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy8oir3BwtM&NR=1&feature=endscreen

• gone for good
    gone for good

Hello Lost -

'' I just read the foreword on it. and the back cover...I´m excited..''

You made me laugh dear- took me right back to my high school days when,

having said your above quote to myself, I would confidently deliver a Book Report ! Also sad !!

Welcome by the way, I´ve been following your posts, and glad you're here with people that care.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

You can download or read the book online for free.Here is the lnk.

http://e-watchman.com/jehovah/

Bangalore

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

GREG STAFFORD at elihubooks.com is amazing, a genuine scholar. A must read is the third edition of his JW's defended.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Gone for Good - thank you

Everyone else - have you actually read the book ?

If not why not ?

Because before you can give an inforned opinion on any given subject, one has to at the very least become associated with the very subject one is going to enter into a debate on.

So in fairness, if one hasn't read the book, one is not in a position to forward any opinion that would be classed as valid or worthy.

BELIEVING is irrelevent. Freedom of choice is every persons perogative.

UNDERSTANDING is everything.

FACT is we had a beginning. Religion had a beginning. Civilisation had a beginning. Money had a beginning. Politics had a beginning.

HISTORY is something which cannot be denied.

IGNORANCE is bliss for some people. Life can be condensed into a very simple ideal and life can also be very complicated for some.

NEGATIVITY is non productive.

POSITIVITY is productive.

I prefer positive to negative. bitching, whining and moaning is bitterness and a waste of ones time and energy.

I cannot understand why some people take the time to condescend and disregard other people views and opinions with total abandon. Why bother ?

There is an old saying. '' If you cannot say anything nice .... then don't say anything at all ''

thanks to everyone for their comments, greatly appreciated.

Myself personally, i do believe in God. That doesn't mean I believe and accept willy nilly everything that is dished out to me from the mouth of men, the most treacherous deceitful creation in existence. Which is why I am currently researching and seeking information on which to base my opinions and belliefs. Each one must PROVE to themselves.

Being an ex jw does not mean one has decide it is all a load of rubbish so best to believe in nothing at all. Because if that is the case, then one has nothing to worry about only to just get on and live their life how they see fit and look forward to the grave. If that suits, then fine. Works of the Flesh, works of the Spirit. NOT everyone will believe there is a God or Spirit realm, which is fine, it's their choice.

But answer me this. WHY are so many people in the world still adhering to some form of religion ? I live in a Catholic country which rules the land. Why is the Church so strong in peoples lives ? if they don't even believe or have any comprhensible knowledge of what exctly the Bible and the Word of god is. kind of confusing.

DON'T mock people for choosing to believe and being in search of truth, facts and information.

DON'T mock non-believers who don't give a care.

ALWAYS put oneslf in the shoes of another, you will never understand the road those shoes have walked nor what the person in those shoes has experienced.

Stumble around in the dark, or search in the light. It's all about choices.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Gone for good - lol.

didn't even finish the book. in the bin it went.

along with some of my wt publications - haven't binned them all... yet.

Is there any merit to keeping the wt books I wonder e.g. Insight on the scriptures.

Haven't looked at or read any wt literature at all. But I did enjoy the books, but if they are wildly inaccurate, there's no point in keeping them.

What are your thoughts.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I've interacted with Robert King a number of times, and I have much respect for his mission, and no doubt he's a clever man, in the good sense. He's not trying to scam anyone, and I owe him much of my early "awakening" towards TTAT. His articles are well-reasoned although, in many points, flawed, because, as pointed out, he begins with the wrong assumption that the modern Jehovah's Witnesses are solely God's people and are the modern equivalent to ancient Israel in God's plans, and consequently, all prophecies concerning ancient Israel have a double fulfillment in the future, where the Jehovah's Witnesses and the "organization" are the centerpiece. That's when i think he's in error - big time, and where we, doctrinally, part ways. But he's a nice person to deal with.

I would advise you to read "Crisis of Conscience" first and foremost. It's the real shocking eye-opener to the inner workings of the Organization and the Governing Body. That's when I had the definitive evidence from a direct eyewitness that the so called "spirit-directed organization" if, after all, embarassingly human. Once you break free from the mental encagement into that myth, you're ready to read Robert King's book and make a fair judgement on its merits.

Eden

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit