BOOK: Jehovah himself has become king - Robert king

by *lost* 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• *lost*
    *lost*

Hi all. I just got my first book ... to start with. The next one will be Ray Franz, crisis of conscience.

So if there any believers or semi-believers that would like to chat about it I would appreciate your comments.

Also it may help any visitors to this site, who may be questioning things.

thanks

lost

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

What do u think of Robert King's book?

• *lost*
    *lost*

Haven't started yet. Just read the foreword on it. and the back page. i am excited (don't care if that sounds sad! ....lol ..... life is pretty sad at the moment anyhow, I'll have abit of fantasy, escape from the reallity.) I have always loved books..... but only a few ever really stand out, they are the best ones.

Does anyone think I should post ittle bits from it as I go through it, might help someone else, or jsut don't bother, or is it illegal ?

• TD
    TD
    Does anyone think I should post ittle bits from it as I go through it,

Maybe some would be interested.

A few of us have interacted with Robert King on the internet since the late 90's. He's a colorful character and although I don't agree with him on much, I wish him nothing but the best.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Robert King needs to make more progress in shedding Watchtower Corporation's mind numbing indoctrination. He has not done much better than the WT with his nonsense.

• Emery
    Emery

I own the book, its good at exposing the UN scandal and how the spiritual paradise the organization claims to have is false...but in the end --paradoxically-- he still believes 80-90% of JW theology, and encourages people to stay with the organization. He maintains that Jehovah's organization MUST apostasize according to prophecy and that it's somewhat of a litmus test from Jehovah to all witnesses to see their true faith. He doesn't help his case as the only way it can be Jehovah's organization in the first place is if 1919 is true, a subject which he dances around in his book. I remember finishing the book and thinking...."Should I stay or should I go?" Causing an already existing cognitive dissonance to become even greater.

I would strongly suggest reading Ray Franz' work before reading Robert Kings.

FYI, Robert King strongly discourages reading Ray Franz' books as they completely dismantle the organization's authority or claims to divine appointment.

• Londo111
    Londo111

It might be good to read Crisis of Conscience first...and In Search of Christian Freedom. Then followed by Captives of a Concept.

Then after you've absorbed that...then try to read Robert King's book.

• The Quiet One
  • The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"He has routinely predicted the beginning of the great tribulation in the fall of each year (October) - often instigatedby Larouche's own predictions of global financial meltdown" "In his early days of essay writing he was pretty vocal in denoucing the Organization, calling their meetings a table of filthy vomit. His rhetoric has softened over time and now much of his writing and YouTube videos are virtually indistinguishable from something produced by Jehovah's Witnesses." (King himself).."The deal is, just as JW's are blind to Jehovah's judgments due to their being under the influence of the "stupid prophets," equally, the XJW crowd are like mole-men. They are totally clueless. I think I have probaly sent more of them into teeth-gnashing fits than I have JW's." www.topix.com/forum/religion/jehovahs-witness/TJKQB66CFIC3KFSIJ/p2

• frankiespeakin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit