BOOK: Jehovah himself has become king - Robert king

by *lost* 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

CoC is a better first read.

zed

• tornapart
    tornapart

I think Robert King, although having an interesting website is still too much into WT ideology.

I would go along with what others have said. Ray Franz's book CoC followed by ISoCF and then Don Cameron's Captives of a Concept are a must read for any awakening JW. Once you've read those, everything else starts falling into place.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

If Robert King's book was on my list of JW-related books to read, it would be way down near the bottom for reasons others have indicated. Before I even bothered with King's book, I'd first read (in no particular order) Apocalypse Delayed, CoC, GTR4, ISoCF, Captives, Sign of the Times, 4 Presidents of the WT ...

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

I have no ill will towards Mr. King and respect his beliefs, even though they are so similar to the WT Org that they are almost indistinguishable...

That alone is enough reason to pass on his book IMO.

Read CoC...if you can actually get a hold of a copy of it that is.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

'Sign of the Times' DOH! I meant 'Sign of the Last Days.'

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It is a book that would be worth reading "against the grain" to find out about the mentality of a Watchtower schismatic, rather than for any raw information it contains as such. Books that are thus read in spite of themselves can be quite valuable of course. But then who am I teaching to suck eggs! Many posters on this forum are experts at reading Watchtower publications against the grain, not because they think it is good reading, but because of what the literature unwittingly betrays about the organization.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I would put James Beckford, Timothy White, Detlef Garbe and Andrew Holden high on the list of books about JWs that are worth reading in the straight forward sense.

• mP
    mP

Why is it so important for Jehovah to be recognised as king by some insignificant ants called humans.?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Mp,

Jehovah's got a big insecurity problem and it ain't no fun for him if people don't recognize his kindship. They call it Narcissistic Personality Disorder, with a touch of Bipolar mood swings.

• mP
    mP

@Frankie

But it makes no sense, you dont see humans get all worried if ants or bacteria are worshipping them. God doesnt need humans for anything. Im amazed that people dont see the bible for what it is. A device for man to control other man in the name of god.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit