Shocking Email from a Dear Friend who is No Longer a JW

by rubadubdub 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

"The same as with any communication that can be proven to have originated from you, caution is needed. Maybe you could ask how they feel about how they've been treated etc via email/text, but keep expressing doubts/how you feel (and so on) to phone conversations."

Thanks for that advice, thequietone!

"She needs you! You could be outed yes, but a friendship, a real human relationship is more important than a cult. What's the worst thing that can happen if she outs you. You go before a committee you fight your corner."

can'tleave, the worse that would happen is that I would lose my best still-a-dub friend, and I would be shunned locally for the next few years until we retire overseas. Other than that my hubby, BethelYellowDollarBag, would lose all contact with his 89-year-old uber dub parents. They are shunning him and our children, but he wants me to fog them until they die, in order to keep communication open. I have agreed to fogging by monthly snail mail, but not lying.

I would not dignify the WTB$ with a response should I receive an invitaion to a JC. My el-dubs are very clear on where I am coming from.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yes, The Quiet One has a good point, you never know who else might have their nose in your friend's email.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi rubadubdub, I am glad that you wrote back to your friend to find out she feels, that you cared about her, and reafirmed that she is a good person who was forced to made a difficult choice. As long as you ask her questions that guide her to think critically and do not write that you do not disagree with the WTBTS, how can it adversely affect you.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

I just got off the phone with P. We talked for hours. I told her from the outset, that I could be DF'd for even talking to her, and she said she knew that. She also knew that her dear conditional dub friend would have reported her blood transfusions to the elders had P not come forward herself. She used the CULT word first! She also said, "I don't believe they are the sole channel of communication from God." P wrote her elders a letter stating that she couldn't promise that she would not take blood again, if she was put in the same circumstance, and that she could not lie about that to remain in good standing. I told her that letter was likely seen as a letter of disassociation.

We both openly shared our very real pain, and it is very clear that neither one of us is ever going back. P shared with me something I didn't know. The "anointed'' elder that she studied with confided that he had his own doubts about the blood doctrine and deeply regretted having withheld what may have been a life-saving blood transfusion from his dear wife. He felt responsible for her death. This was not public knowledge in the congregation. It was not spoken about, and I had no idea!

I shared some resources with her and expressed concern that she needed to fully deprogram herself, as she was using words such as "apostate" in the dub manner. She agrees we were brainwashed and can see it in the dear friend she lost. She misses her friend's little girl so much, because she felt like she was her little grand-daughter, but there is nothing either of them could say that would ever make her want to go back. P agreed to look at jwfacts.com and read one of Steven Hassan's books. P says her husband has said the JWs were a cult from day one.

One side story of note. P is now living in a, shall we say, redneck part of the US. She says there are so few elders that they had to recombine a congregation that had split. Also, there is an elder who is what they call a "prepper". His property is a gated compound, surrounded by fencing with barbed wire at the top. He is storing goods and has guns in preparation for The End! The BOE turns a blind eye, 'cuz they need him. All right then!

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

rubadubdub,

In his March Armageddon Okie journal Randy Watters said:

“JWs still die in emergency situations even though "blood transfusions" will no longer get you disfellowshipped (did you know that?). They haven't DF'ed anyone we've found in about two years just for taking a transfusion, but they sure make you think they will!).”

Maybe you should contact him and share the experience of your friend.

Marvin Shilmer

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Fu**ing elders!!

What!

MAN, I hate elders!

Take care of your friend, Rub!

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

In his March Armageddon Okie journal Randy Watters said:

“JWs still die in emergency situations even though "blood transfusions" will no longer get you disfellowshipped (did you know that?). They haven't DF'ed anyone we've found in about two years just for taking a transfusion, but they sure make you think they will!).”

Maybe you should contact him and share the experience of your friend.

Marvin Shilmer

Marvin Shilmer, I posted a comment on Randy's blog with a link to this thread. Thanks.

• AuntConnie
    AuntConnie

Going through chemotherapy provides me with a different point of view. The elders with good intentions said "blood fragments are your choice (a very old and socially retarded elder who disowned his own kids, not spoken with them for twenty years bluntly said "blood-fragments are against Jehovah's law, it's a sin and no different from a total blood transfusion") with a few outspoken ones providing additional confusion at a very troubling time.

To see how fragmented each Kingdom Hall is, "one say's you can and one say's you can' and others say "Dont Ask, Don't Tell" I feel pity for this sister, until you are placed with a life and death decession on Blood, it's best to keep the elders out of this!

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Aunt Connie: Don't ever change! If you are what you say you are, then it is very telling that the only ones you can be yourself with is apostates! You're rude, opinionated and outspoken... And we love you for it!

Rub: I think most of us have regular daydreams about some of our friends doing exactly what your friend has! That's so exciting! Help her along, then introduce her to us! She'll make a nice addition to the JWN family. Although once she reads Steve Hassan's books and JWfacts, she'll be good and ready to join the forum.

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

Wow don't you just feel so warm and fuzzy. No!!!! My blood is boilin! This woman has reached out to you in desperation and deep sadness. Take the risk it is highly unlikely she would throw you under the bus with her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit