Shocking Email from a Dear Friend who is No Longer a JW

by rubadubdub 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rubadubdub
    rubadubdub

I received this email tonight from a dear, dear friend who I believed had died. She was in very bad shape when I last spoke with her over a year ago.

"I'll make this short in case it is not functioning. Besides I'm not sure whether it is alright for you to read it or not. I had to make the hard choice to die or take blood last fall and I chose blood. It was not something about which the hospital liaison committee could have offered a viable solution. It took 16 emergency transfusions to save me. Apparently when I spoke with the elders, it was a matter of whether I was weak or wicked, and because I had more than one, it was deemed wickedness. I have no idea if they announced at the KH that I was "no longer a JW" or if they said I was disfellowshipped, probably the latter, as even my very dear, beloved closest friend never spoke to me again. Broke my heart. I had visited with her and her daughter at least once a week, since before the baby was born, she's now 5. very much like a granddaughter to me. Not one of the elders had ever been in a position to have to make that blood choice, yet they were all so positive they would choose to die. I wonder if it came to that moment if they all would, they were not very spiritually strong about other things!!! Ah well, it was a horrible thing to deal with on top of being 50 days in ICU. So I do not expect an answer to this email, and will understand. Think of you quite a bit, wonder how the kids are doing, and if you are a grandmother yet. Take good care of yourself....Warmly...P"

I am so delighted to hear from my friend. She lives hundreds of miles away, but we kept in contact through the years. My only reservation is that, should she decide to return to the bOrg, she could out me. I have to believe it is worth the risk for me to re-connect with a loved one.

• talesin
    talesin

wow!

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I think is worth the risk. The Watchtower has already rejected her because she had the misfortune to become sick and chose not to die, it's unlikely she will ever look at disfellowshiping in the same light again. Go for it.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

hope she is cool with you posting it here. nothing like being deemed wicked, let me tell you, you just have not lived until you have been deemed wicked. <s>

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

It seems like she already started waking up to what the organization is in the way she viewed the elders: " Not one of the elders had ever been in a position to have to make that blood choice, yet they were all so positive they would choose to die. I wonder if it came to that moment if they all would, they were not very spiritually strong about other things!!!"

Maybe you can help her see more of what the Watchtower is.

• Larsinger58
    Larsinger58

OMG! This kind of thing angers me! Thank-you, so much, for sharing this!

I don't know what you are about to do. But more important than a relationship with the GB and the WTS is a relationship with God. She did not sin by taking blood!

My mother was recently in a major hospital here in Texas and it was wonderful the brothers and the "liason committee" comes around to comfort them. I like that. But only out of consideration of my mother's health did I not confront them about the blood issue and why it is non-Biblical. Maybe you can share shese simple references.

Here's the bottom line on the blood issue. To eat or not to eat is based on the WEAK conscience of others. That is, you do not eat if it will stumble your brother with a weak conscience. That is the ONLY reason the Bible told the Christians to "abstain from blood" but it was in the context of being around the Jewish brothers who had weak consciences. We know that to be a fact because the Bible elsewhere tells us if we're in the meat market don't ask about anything, or if we're at the home of an unbeliever to EAT everything without asking! That means if you're at the home of an unbeliever and you are supposed to eat everything without asking what is in it, that includes blood!

So the bottom line is that Christians have ZERO food restrictions! That means prohibitions against tobacco and blood are unscriptural! The WTS has taken "abstrain from blood" and forgotten totally that that is only under the context of when you're with a Christian with a weak conscience! Now eating anything and everything does have a condition, that is, when you are with an UNBELIEVER! So that does not contradict the command to "abstain from blood" in general, but that would obviiously be when you are in a congregational setting of those with a weak conscience. But Christian law removes restrictions from any kind of food!

This makes me MAD. I was going to write every doctor in the hospital about the doctrinal falsehood and hypocrisy of JWs who make such a big deal out of the blood restriction issue, and it is not even scriptural. I was going to give them a pamphlet or something to give to the JW "liasoon committee" and request that they respond to this! Of course they can't. The Bible clearly says if you're at an unbeliever's house to eat everything without asking! Or if you're at a meat market, buy whatever. That's because Christians are under no RITUAL food restrictions whatsoever! The ONLY reason a Christian would restrict their own freedom from eating anything is so as not the stumble the weak conscience of another brother. So clearly, if you can eat anything if you're with an unbeliever, or buy anything without asking in a meat market, then the restriction to "abstain from blood" clearly was only in that particular congregational setting where many of the Jewish brothers apparently still had weak consciences!!!

So this woman has committed no sin. She should know that Jehovah does not condemn here, even if the WTS does.

That's why I get so angry at the GB because they are truly the "man of lawlessness" and the fkg "false prophet" the Bible calls them!

Anyway, I better calm down.

But thank you! This woman has committed no sin.

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator

It seems like she already started waking up to what the organization is in the way she viewed the elders: " Not one of the elders had ever been in a position to have to make that blood choice, yet they were all so positive they would choose to die. I wonder if it came to that moment if they all would, they were not very spiritually strong about other things!!!"

Maybe you can help her see more of what the Watchtower is.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Poor thing. That must have been a hellish experience. Don't reject her now that she has reached out to you. Take the risk!

• jgnat
    jgnat

She so needs an answer from you. You validate her humanity, her worthiness to be treated with kindness and love.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

PLEASE answer her and assure her of your unconditional love and friendship!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit