Mentally Diseased

by Mum 21 Replies latest watchtower medical

• smiddy
    smiddy

That is why it is frustrating debating/discussing/arguing with a JW, because their is always another scripture that can be cited/quoted that counteracts another scripture .

What JW`s beleive today is not what JW`s beleived yesterday and you can bet your bottom dollar it wont be what they beleive tomorrow.

smiddy

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

I find the NASB translation to be quite suitable to the very idea conveyed: "morbid interest in controversial questions". Or "obsessed about controversial questions". Some people - including some who are former JW's - fit these discriptions entirely. They're not 'mentally diseased' in the pathological sense. They're perfectly 'normal' people. But some of them aquired an unhealthy obsession about debating endlessly over controversial questions instead of sometimes in the interest of peace just dropping the question. They want to prove in every detail that their former beliefs are wrong and don't know when to stop with it.

Eden

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

my position on that is: if the inner workings are endemically broken in the way that many would agree they are(honest people?), and people are sustaining real injury because of it (mental/physical/emotional/spiritual), then there is a just cause to debate the points at hand....to what end? i don't know. i do know that in the spirit of Mum's post here (in terms of the angle), I would say, at the VERY LEAST, STOP saying things like elders are "directly appointed by god" or, whatever absolute, you choose one....putting these absolutes in the mind's of people who have basically already signed a contract of humility and service, is in fact unjust,AT THE VERY LEAST stop saying these absolutes that have been completely disproven time and time again, at the very least...to quote bill maher (paraphrasing)...isn't it ok to just say we don't know? isn't that the actual humble thing to do? in some of these cases.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

WT 2011 July/15 pg 15-19

5 How do false teachers operate? Their methods reveal a cunning spirit. Apostates “quietly bring in” corruptive ideas. Like smugglers, they operate in a clandestine manner, subtly introducing apostate views. And just as a clever forger tries to pass phony documents, so apostates use “counterfeit words,” or false arguments, trying to pass their fabricated views as if they were true. They spread “deceptive teachings,” “twisting . . . the Scriptures” to fit their own ideas. (2 Pet. 2:1, 3, 13; 3:16) Clearly, apostates do not have our best interests at heart. Following them would only divert us from the road that leads to eternal life

6 How can we protect ourselves against false teachers? The Bible’s counsel regarding how to deal with them is clear. (ReadRomans16:17;2 John 9-11.) “Avoid them,” says God’s Word. Other translations render that phrase “turn away from them,” “keep away from them,” and “stay away from them!” There is nothing ambiguous about that inspired counsel. Suppose that a doctor told you to avoid contact with someone who is infected with a contagious, deadly disease. You would know what the doctor means, and you would strictly heed his warning. Well, apostates are “mentally diseased,” and they seek to infect others with their disloyal teachings. ( 1 Tim. 6:3, 4) Jehovah, the Great Physician, tells us to avoid contact with them. We know what he means, but are we determined to heed his warning in all respects?

W93 10/1 pg. 19 pp15

15 Regarding them, the psalmist said: “Do I not hate those who are intensely hating you,O Jehovah,and do I not feel a loathing for those revolting against you?With a complete hatred I do hate them.They have become to me real enemies.” (Psalm 139:21, 22) It was because they intensely hated Jehovah that David looked on them with abhorrence. Apostates are included among those who show their hatred of Jehovah by revolting against him. Apostasy is, in reality, a rebellion against Jehovah. Some apostates profess to know and serve God, but they reject teachings or requirements set out in his Word. Others claim to believe the Bible, but they reject Jehovah’s organization and actively try to hinder its work. When they deliberately choose such badness after knowing what is right, when the bad becomes so ingrained that it is an inseparable part of their makeup, then a Christian must hate (in the Biblical sense of the word) those who have inseparably attached themselves to the badness. True Christians share Jehovah’s feelings toward such apostates; they are not curious about apostate ideas. On the contrary, they “feel a loathing” toward those who have made themselves God’s enemies, but they leave it to Jehovah to execute vengeance.—Job 13:16; Romans 12:19; 2 John 9, 10.

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Here is what the Complete Jewish Bible states in 1 Tim 6: 3-6:

3 If anyone teaches differently and does not agree to the sound precepts of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah and to the doctrine that is in keeping with godliness, 4 he is swollen with conceit and understands nothing. Instead, he has a morbid desire for controversies and word-battles, out of which come jealousy, dissension, insults, evil suspicions, 5 and constant wrangling among people whose minds no longer function properly and who have been deprived of the truth, so that they imagine that religion is a road to riches. 6 Now true religion does bring great riches, but only to those who are content with what they have.

Are the GB truly content with what they have? Doesn't appear so. What about the new country resort they're building in Warwick, NY? Then look how they're begging for more $$$ to bring the missionaries home. If I remember right, isn't it .13c per publisher? X 8,000,000 JW's = $1,040,000,000

Why is it going to cost that amount to bring the missionaries home? DISGUSTING!

So, who is the truly 'mentally diseased' ones? How is it, that 'apostates' are becoming rich over this entire debate? I don't see it. Where are the apostates 'HOLY ATM' machines?

If you go back to look at the history of the WTBT$ Russell was proclaiming 'We do not need organization' it wasn't until Rutherfraud, who claimed we need organization to accomplish the preaching work. This is where the 'mental disease' began to grow and look at what it has blossomed into today. A multi-BILLION dollar world wide empire.

I can imagine the GB 'toasting' to the fact that can do absolutely NOTHING in life while feeding off of the backs of lowly R&F. Blood suckers! hahahahahaha Sarcasm intended!

Affectionately, Brother of the Hawk

• prologos
    prologos

It is comforting to know that they also apply the term "mentally diseased" to their most ardent, believing elite,

the recent addition to the "remnant" of the "annointed".

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

If I remember right, isn't it .13c per publisher? X 8,000,000 JW's = $1,040,000,000

I don't know if it's $0.13, but I think you meant that would be $1,040,000. Now, will it cost a million dollars to bring home the missionaries? I don't know how many there are, so I can't begin to estimate, but I certainly don't see them having a surplus left over that is significant enough to defray the costs of settling with Conti or others, as has been suggested on this board.

Keep in mind that there's a difference between having a certain amount of jaded selfishness and committing openly fraudulent behavior. This million dollars is too conspicuous to be able to hide other expenditures in, nor is it enough money to do much with the cream off the top. They could just sell the chandelier at the Stanley if they wanted a cool hundred grand.

• Mum
    Mum

Thank you all for your great insights which enlightened me even more on this topic, and for your kind words and support. Every human being has limitations based on their experience or lack of it and their way of thinking or not thinking. We accept one another's limitations and do our best.

The WTS needs to spend more time teaching its adherents principles of ethical living and good character instead of name calling and labeling.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Excellent thread. Great comments.

I came across an article in the british press about this today. Ex jws have been making complaints as it it race hate etc. the police are following it up. Peolpe ahve written to MP's and it's in the newspapers.

good stuff

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

As far as I'm concerned using and exploiting innocent impressionable children and their unfortunate deaths by the WTS's own

inherently exclusive No Blood doctrine is being MENTALLY DISEASED. and worse

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit