Was Judas present for the passing of the emblems?

by Lore 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Pterist:

You cited 1 Cor 2:7. Looking back over your post - that is a good catch! Funny how you can build up a thought about something and then find out it was pointed out in the Scriptures all along.

Take Care

• *lost*
    *lost*

Bobcat, pterist

Really enjoyed this. Very enlightening. many thanks

It makes perfect sense.

When do you think was Satan cast out ? Could it of been at the same time as Jesus resurrection and the start of the gentile times.

• Pterist
    Pterist

**** When do you think was Satan cast out ? Could it of been at the same time as Jesus resurrection****

I believe you are correct and like the return from the exile and the conquest of Canaan, it's a process. Satan's power will continue to diminish until he is trampled under our feet through Christ see 1 John 2:13b "I am writing to you, young men, because you have overcome the evil one.",

Romans 16:20....The God of peace will crush Satan under you feet, through Christ.

being the captives of Christ

We as believers in Christ and as ministers of the new covenant are captives of Christ – He took captive those taken captive by Satan and now we are His captives (2 Cor. 2:14)! Here this verbe means leading men as captives in a triumphal procession (Conybeare). Christ is a victorious General: He defeated Satan, and He took his captive to be Christ’s! Now we all the believers in Christ need to allow Christ daily to defeat us and subdue us so that we may follow Him as the General in His triumphal procession to scatter the fragrance of Christ everywhere!

This is ultimately what eating the bread and drinking the wine means, it the POWER of Powerful living in Holy Spirit, the New Life HE GIVES US! HIS VERY LIFE, the foretaste of the New Creation.

Shalom Brothers.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Why does the society think that celebrating the memorial is a communal thing when Jesus Christ

strongly infers that it will be individualistic?

Revelation3:19-20

"‘All those for whom I have affection I reprove and discipline. Therefore be zealous and repent. 20 Look! I am standing at the door and knocking. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come into his [house] and take the evening meal with him and he with me.

His, Him, He ......... individuals.

abe

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Well, in all fairness, the occasion Paul is speaking of in 1 Cor. 11, if it's the same event, was clearly communal. Unless you're implying that Jesus himself didn't intend for it to be that way.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

Apognophos ,

Well, in the last days immediately before Jesus Christ returns things are supposed change.

Satan and his "man of lawlessness" are in the temple established by Jesus Christ.

Should we really partake with those kind of people?

The bible also makes it clear that those who follow Jesus Christ will be excomunicated (disfellowshipped) in the last days.

See Isaiah 66:5, John 16:1-3, Romans 9:25-26

So considering the circumstances I find it very refreshing that Jesus Christ made a very special alllowance for the "evening meal" to continue

in a very individualistic way.

The circumstances certainly justify it!

abe

• *lost*
    *lost*

pterist ... very good. i like it.

So from the point of crucifixtion, Satan cast out, gentile times begin ..... from that point on we see eveerything gradually changing, breaking down, advancing...etc. on a global scale. Worldwide, from generation. So maybe this generation ( new humans, from the flood ) of mankind is just that, an epoch, of time. a period. Like the dark ages. Man has stepped further and further away from perfection, the longer time goes on, less perfect, more sinful, more corrupt in his very nature. Spiritual darkness, not many true believers.

Satan gets weaker, his grip gets weaker, bit by bit he is losing his energy, good is conquering evil, gradually. Societies are improving and advancing, mankind is now a global network. many barriers have been broken down. We have become more civillised and our conditions get better not worse.

But equally, Satan's rage is still real. he is blinding the minds of the believers to deceive them, buy time and cause as much damage as he can. to 'man' the thing God loves. People do the same thing in badness.

Even demons can speak the truth. even Satan can speak the truth. if they choose to.

hope this makes some sense, lol ... i am trying to learn so much.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Was Judas present for the passing of the emblems?

No. There is probably no part of the story that is true. The concept is essentially borrowed from older god-man myths.

Even if some guy named Jesus sat around for a meal with a few mates, they still didn't eat and drink 'emblems'.

Also, out of the four gospel accounts only the book of John mentions Judas leaving during the evening at all.

Despite some efforts by apologists to reconcile the 'gospels', they are a mess. And John is the least consistent of the lot.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Maybe he was in a hurry and ordered the emblems to go.

Rub a Dub

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

according to Luke yes he was present.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit