How do you think the Memorial should be celebrated? How are you going to spend it?

by MsGrowingGirl20 18 Replies latest social entertainment

• cantleave
    cantleave

How it should be celebrated

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Blondie posted some time ago about how she and her hubby make it a private intimate affair. Have to say reading about how she does it seems much more in harmony with what Jesus asked us to remember and appreciate about his life and sacrifice than the look but dont touch gala happening at the KH.

• yknot
    yknot

I don't like the drabness we have.....

I want a shared big venue with other congregations....(thanks to CO prodding a bit of rivalry attitude has developed so we are stuck with late-night stilted time slots for each congregation to have their own private Memorial)

I want potluck and dancing afterwards.....(hint hint Bethel, piano instrumentals are as horrible today as they were when first introduced ......either let us go back to actual pianos/instruments or use those DC-compositions.....yea yea they sound like propaganda but I don't care cuz they are more upbeat)

I want party dresses and not just springy FS garb.....

I want fun-hopeful-happy-upbeat presentations that make the Special Talk sound worthwhile attending

Its our only 'holiday' for Goodness sakes!!!......its not like i am suggeting hill cumorah

I will be attending, new dress and all......kids and nb-hub in tow

Not sure about about extra partaking later....feeling kinda "Quaker-ish".

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

I'm sure you'll look good in that new dress, Ynot. I feel weird saying this, but from one active & in too deep JW to another, I wish you a happy memorial.

• Heaven
    Heaven

How should the Memorial be celebrated?

It shouldn't. Because it's being held on the wrong day to do something that maybe Jesus told people to do but with the JWs most of them ignore this and don't do it anyways.

If you're a cannibal... or a true Christian, then partake.

If you're an atheist, you'll probably be doing whatever you normally do. This is me. I will be sleeping. Have to get up early and be in the office the following day.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Yknot!!!

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

I think its called Mass in the Anglican and Catholic

and Orthodox churches and they offer the bread and

wine every Sunday. Saying the words from the Bible.

In evangelical Churches I think its once a month.

"This is my body, which is given for you.

Do this to remember me." In the same way,

he took the cup of wine after supper, saying,

"This cup is the new covenant between God and his people

—an agreement confirmed with my blood.

Do this to remember me as often as you drink it."

I believe its not just an "annual event",

and should be shared with others who are believers.

If some of you are lucky enough to be in the same town

then you can get together.

I would, if I knew some fellow ex jw here in Vancouver BC.

I have taken part with various churches and it felt very natural to do so.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

This will be the second time for me not attending. My wife will be going to make her mom happy. But she wont be attending the one she's assigned to...has to get up early for work.

I don't care how people celebrate their religious ceremonies anymore. They could cut open a live pig and smear the blood and intestines all over their body for all I care.

I'll be at home enjoyig my night with the kids.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

3rd Gen and I will quietly honor Christ at home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit