How do you think the Memorial should be celebrated? How are you going to spend it?

by MsGrowingGirl20 18 Replies latest social entertainment

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

For the first time, I realize that many people have different views about this.

Some people believe that all should partake, others don't believe that there should be a Memorial.

Some are going to the hall, others are having their own celebrations still others are just going to be doing normal activities.

How do you think the Memorial should be celebrated? How are you going to spend it?

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Smoking a Rocky Patel, drinking some George Dickel and club soda, and studying for a Pharmacology test.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

In the privavcy of my home. Wifey will be at the KH not participating

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

Well...nor celebrated at all. Anyhow..I will be at a rehearsal with a jazz-band. Maybe I'll have some wine and crackers after that. We have talked about having some wine at the computer on this site! If you like being a bit drunk with wine you can join us.! But skip that religious bullshit. You are a free young woman now.

• Londo111
    Londo111

http://www.jwstruggle.com/2013/03/ray-franz-comments-on-the-memorial/

Good article about that.

This Tuesday is no big deal to me...I partake every Sunday.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

This will be the first time in my life that I will not be going to KH/phone tie-in to the Memorial. Hubby & I are going to follow the first century Christians example and have a nice quiet dinner at home then partaking in our own little celebration. After reading the gospel of John we personally feel that every disciple of Christ should be partaking.

But that's just my persoanl thoughts

Peace be with you

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

I partake every Sunday. My church serve the emblems every Sunday at the first service. I wish we could get real wine like the JW.

But I did receive an invitation from my father. It made me think about going to the KH for the memorial...I use to enjoy it as a kid. I would get new clothes, have my hair styled at the hairdresser. Ane when I was big enough, I was allowed to pass the wine and cracker on my own. lol....but truthfully I cannot every remember listening to the talk given. As I remember...it was so DAMN boring. Now I cannot understand why did my non believing relatives committ to coming back.

I have not been to a KH in years (cannot remember the last time I stepped inside one)....but I'm kind of curious...I just might find one and attend on Tuesday...hmmmm :) So I have a question...If I decide to partake..Do I dring the whole glass or just take a sip?

• tornapart
    tornapart

At the KH at the non event... then after on my own, partaking in private and making it a very special occasion...

• I Want to Believe
    I Want to Believe

First time not going... but on Tuesdays, kids eat free at Denny's, so we'll probably grab a cheap meal before going home. Oh, and Bioshock Infinite is released that day, so I know what I'll be doing the rest of the night.

• humbled
    humbled

Ever since I realized I was a Christian and not a JW, I buy simple red wine and make a few small flats of unleaven wheat bread.

I watch for the moon rise outside, not in a house.

Even when I used to go to the KH Memorials where they spoiled it all, I would think of Jesus who surely loved living.

Jesus who walked and drank and made wooden things in an occupied land. Who took in the right stuff from his Father and shared it with others and reckoned the price to pay, I would love him for it.

My world without Jesus would have been dismal. My world without his teaching would have blighted my children's lives.

One year while I was waiting for the moonrise in a deep hollow in the woods and it seemed like the trees were hanging on to it, it took so long to rise so I could see it.

I had a longer time to wonder at that man's love that would suffer a hard death for the lumps sleeping in the garden near him.

The remembrance of Jesus on that day, even if it were shared , would need to be quiet --at least for me.

I'll do the same this year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit