31 things each and every Jehovah's Witness NEEDS TO KNOW right now!!

by Terry 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wasblind
    wasblind

I'm sorry Aunt connie you ain't elderly or infirmed are you ?

• vajeni82
    vajeni82

Very nice! ( Also, I'm really hoping #4 is a Fight Club reference!)

• Terry
    Terry

Aunt Connie:

Terry, are these your own insights into the religion or are they sayings you have come across reading and studying? Impressive list that fall to close to home for me, each point is duly considered.

Just about everything I hear or see flips a switch in my head as the idea for an article that relates to Jehovah's Witnesses and the organization:)

All the research has been done already by those who went before us and in that sense we stand on the shoulders of "giants". The best any of us can do now is assimilate and rejigger the details to make it more or less interesting.

I think it may be obsessive! I can hear a two-word phrase that starts me imagination going like a race horse. Soon I'll be finished with my book and I can purge my life of this nonsense by "putting it out there" for others to read and decide for themselves.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Terry, I'm not sure how I missed this great post the first time around.

I appreciate your insight. Thanks.

• Freethinking76
    Freethinking76

Well, now I now i know that it was not me ,or how some told me that I was not spiritual enough ,and needed to study more ,pray more,trust in God more.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Like. Thanks Terry!

• Terry
    Terry

I remember how very surprised I was to learn about the writings of the early church fathers!

The WTSociety cherry-picked whatever appealed to them to make a point over the years but never printed the complete works

of any particular writer. I found a very thick book several years ago when I was working in a used book store. It was endlessly interesting

what those people wrote! So much crazy-thinking and freaky imagination!

I thought to myself: "If anybody reads these writing from start to finish they'll give up on the idea of early christianity as the model for anything

but an insane asylum!"

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

{ I can hear a two-word phrase that starts me imagination going like a race horse.}

In psychology it's called intuition. Your perceiving cognitive function is set to abstract the reality you see, so you can make wild connections with things that apparently are unrelated. My guess you have an extroverted intuition.

• Terry
    Terry

In psychology it's called intuition. Your perceiving cognitive function is set to abstract the reality you see, so you can make wild connections with things that apparently are unrelated. My guess you have an extroverted intuition.

What you describe is the reverse process of cognition. We extract from our senses and form subsequent "effects" that need "causes" and

our hypotheticals search for a match in reality. When we don't find the match we DESIRE, if we aren't careful, we create a link however tenuous.

Two percent of the population is sociopathic. A sociopath has a great deal of megalomania. If the sociopath develops a deep interest in seeing

themselves at the center of a universal movement.......the starting gun goes off.

If a sociopath has a powerful IDEA and a printing press and can find enough TRUE BELIEVERS.....what harm can't they do?

We cannot stop sociopaths from "trying" to run the world but we can expose their pathology.

• Terry
    Terry

Announcing the release of my new book:

I WEPT BY THE RIVERS OF BABYLON

(A PRISONER OF CONSCIENCE IN A TIME OF WAR)

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/m0rtslaw

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit