Mentally diseased translation in NWT.

by newdawnfades 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I guess the trouble with the phrase "mentally diseased" is that the Watchtower has taken to using it to imply that those who they call "apostates" have a mental illness or something. Which is tantamount to them saying that anyone who dares to disagree with them has got a mental problem. A pretty "brazen" attitude you might say, to borrow another of their favourite terms.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

The sad thing is it works on the JW's. I was in a restaurant a while ago, and as I entered I bumped in to a JW I worked with for awhile, we shook hands etc , he introduced me to a Bro who was staying with him, visiting from overseas, we chatted amicably together for a few moments.

As I sat down at our table the visiting Bro had just "evidently" had it explained to him that I was an Apostate, he looked at me then in horror, like I suddenly had two heads, I just dissolved in laughter at him.

The JW's really believe the propaganda.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Oh, indeed, it's the way the Society uses this phrase that's so wrong, they're surprisingly good at provoking fear of apostates in JWs (sadly, I can remember when I was this way). Now, Phizzy, how is it that an active Witness would sit down to talk with you while another Witnesses was present? I'm just curious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit