I got the dreaded call about the memorial

by thecrushed 23 Replies latest jw friends

• ruderedhead
    ruderedhead

crushed, what you did was awesome! Not many people would have taken the time to talk to that poor man. So many of us simply take a couple dollars out of our pockets and hurry on our way, not wanting to think about some poor soul's harsh reality. Seriously brings tears to my eyes to know that you are loving enough to have let another human being know that he matters in this life, and that there is hope. And you weren't afraid to touch him. Your wife is married to a wonderful man!

Is there any way you could very respectfully invoke your head of household status, and gently & respectfully ask your mil to not send your wife guilt trip texts daily? Perhaps tell her her daughter is dealing with some issues right now, and that she is unwittingly doing more harm than good? I hope everything turns out well for you, and that you both get some breathing room.

• moshe
    moshe

You have to stop them from dominating your life!!

Find a subject that is an instant show stopper for your JW family- for many JWs the subject is retirement or if retired- planning for a future move assisted or a senior living place- Once you find the subject they want to avoid , then bring it up everytime they try and guilt you with WT stuff.They will end the phone conversation in the next minute.

Another great subject is asking for m-O-n-E-y- $$$ , that's right, even if you don't need it ask for HELP- everytime the MiL gets in your business ask for money- car repairs--iphone cell bill, rent money, car payment, money for your kids education fund, don't be shy- stick that hand out. JWs are extremely cheap- I almost guarantee that their subconsious mind will quickly make the connection--ie, talk about going to the meetings or assemblies = those kids will ask for OUR money .

-

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

You have to stop them from dominating your life

x1000

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

Just got asked to go to the memorial by my wife. I just stared at her unable to speak. She ran in the other room crying. I think the memorial season is just there to torture people trying to leave this crazy ass cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit