The koolaid sipping aint far off now....

by sosoconfused 27 Replies latest jw friends

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

So today after the meeting an older pioneer sister was outside as people were talking about the wonderful experience from the yearbook of the family in Nigeria or wherever that went to the meeting and the plane destroyed their neighborhood. But since they were at the metting they lived....

So she says, "You heard about the ones that died in a bus crash on the way to the convention???? That was better because everyone that died on their way to the assembly goes straight to paradise because they died doing Jehovahs will!!!"

Its like everyone saw the light and laughed and said,"Thats one way to look at it!!"

OMG

• earthfire
    earthfire

That line of thinking is so scary. I have wondered if the GB ever gets desperate, will they actually have some sort of kool-aid ceremony? I hope it never comes to that.

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

straight to paradise ... hunh!! as opposed to the alternate where you DIE and wait to be resurrected, is this paradise in an unknown realm..

and not on the future earth... or do the just go to the front of the line in the resurection order..

I think the Koolaid is currently being served..

think about this .. are there any Cults that ended in a Good way?

I couldn't find any examples .. but, a bunch that end badly very badly

• earthfire
    earthfire

I hate the thought that two of my brothers and one of my sisters are still in and there's nothing I can say, nothing I can do, at least that I know of to wake them up. They're all great people at heart but are in the fog. Tears me up inside.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Say something to them!

I was a Stupid Head...drinking the Kool-aid. A seat warmer...born in. It has been almost 1 year since I read C of C by Ray Franz. I had NO IDEA about TTATT at all! No one ever said anything to me.

Yes. I have seen picketer's at DC's. Sorry, but that kind of thing is distasteful to me. I look away.

Yes. I saw the Silent Lambs picketing, and their little lambs stuck in a fence. All of that was so ugly to me, that I didn't "hear" their message, they just seemed like a lot of weird people, so I changed the channel on the television set. So that type of picketing, would not, did not, do anything for me.

What would have worked for me, is, if a friend, that I had a connection with, that I knew personally, not to be a nut case, sat quietly down with me and told me a few of the truths he had uncovered, then backed it up with proof, I possibly could have been out decades before.

If a few of us tried it, most certainly with someone, even decades in The Truth(tm) it will work. You never know, until you try.

Just Lois

• alanv
    alanv

Lois, you are so right. The demonstrations outside assembly halls, only reinforces the idea that witnesses will be persecuted. It is a great boost to their faith when they see such things. My real turning point was when I read Ray's books and from there to the internet to quietly check whether I had been told the truth or not by the org. The internet is the way forward to helping people, not waving placards outside an assembly hall or kingdom hall.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Agreed ... healthy 'teaching' of the healthful things ..... just discussion in itself..... about the things of God etc. Can be just as effectfull. Because the mind is working away by itself to try to right things when it goes wrongs, like htought processes, the power of the mind. If you 'dull' thinking and reasoning in a person, they are more inclined to go along and obey. rather thatn 'think'.

Once they start talking/disuccing.. tehn they actually start thinking, then they start reasoning, then they start questioning things .. then they see the 'light' the 'TATT' ... gradually. their eyes adjust to the dark as they come into the light.

we have to come out the same way we went in ... gradually, gently, sttep by step. So that the mind and the emotions overwhelm them ... then they shut down cos the mind can't cope. It's overload. Too much too much, panic. shut down.

I do think if we could start some running topic threads on these things, 'reasoning from the scriptures' (lol, ironic ? ) Healthy discussion and debate about the why's. why we are asking these things, then researching them for 'true' meanings. It would really help a lot of us that are struggling to get out of it if we are still controlled bu it, and we are confused trying to make sense of it all.

What you think ?

lost

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I don't think so. I don't think it reflects well on ex-Wintesses when they use this sort of inflammatory language. There is much to condemn the Watchtower without making false comparisons with a suicide cult.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Why am I not surprised?

I dread to think that if the financial cramp gets too hard for the GB and their suck ups they'll put an even bigger guilt trip on the R&F to leave them their cash/property in their wills.

Then they'll make the JWs commit suicide kool-aid style.

Of course they won't be able to face justice as the lawyers will manage to have worded things in such a way the R&F take the blame.

The GB will bog off to live in luxury in Hawaii for the rest of their lives.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

If your talking literally, the Memorial would be the perfect place for them to pull this off.

If they EVER come up with a reason for ALL to drink the wine and eat the bread, you need to make a hasty exit.

Not that it would ever happen, but if it would, that would be the perfect place and time.

NJY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit