My experience with the "faithful and discreet slave"?

by Blttex 25 Replies latest social current

• mind blown
    mind blown

Welcome, wonderful post.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome, Bittex. We look forward to your next post.

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome, and welcome to the rest of your life, make it happy and fulfilling, away from the WTBT$

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

BitTex ...Welcome to the Board. That was a good observation at the worldly aka normal funeral you attended. JW's funeral's give you 5 minutes on the "deceased", then it is back to the "sell". No love, no comfort, no more talk of the "deceased", a weird song, and it is over.

A young girl"s life, cut short too soon. I am glad she was well loved. I can't imagine how horrified her family and loved ones would have been, had she been a JW, and "received" a JW "send off". Like you said, no comparison. A funeral talk by her Grandpa. How hard that must have been for him.

What a wonderful girlfriend, to help, wake you up. There are a lot of good articles you might want to search. Just put the word(s) in the search box and away you go.

So very nice to have you with us. We look forward to hearing more of your story...only what you are comfortable with.

Just Lois

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Welcome! Great intro post and so encouraging to hear about you waking up by not being afraid to listen to your girlfriend and follow her research.

Loz x

• *lost*
    *lost*

welcome .. great post

I too am similar to you. 18mths ago threw my self abck in to spending a lot of time studying to get back on track. thankful for that time though and effort I out in though.

Because I was studying / researching as a student, not as one being converted, if that makes sense. Si I actually got a much firmer hold on things than I have ever before in my life. There a a lot of questions, and things tht just don't feel 'right' now I am learning from others why this is, and that it seems to be 'normal'

Is there something big 'huge' happening here guys. In the scale of things. Is this going to grow into something really big?

I need also to learn more on the 'TATT'

Everybodies discussions and commetns here are a great help.

We are gathering together to discuss deep spiritual truths and greater meaning .... lol.

lost

• stillin
    stillin

Bitter, thanks for your thoughts and welcome to the board! The fact that there is no "speaking from the heart" is one of my most distressing problems with the Borg these days. When I was learning about the Bible (as taught by JW's) there wasn't so much emphasis on the speaker sticking to an outline. There was more impromptu, from-the-heart material in the talks and they were MUCH more satisfying.

now it's all regurgitated cud.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Bittex:

Welcome! I enjoyed your observations.

This has been my experience with JW funerals as well. The person who died is barely mentioned in the talk, in fact, their life and death really is not even essential to the gathering! It's just another congregation meeting at the KH. The whole point of the talk is, not to honor the life of a person who has died, but to promote WT theology. Almost every funeral talk ends with, "if you are a visitor and would like to know more about these teachings, please ask any JW here for a Bible Study." Ah! The real purpose of the meeting comes out!

And, once you break free from WT mentality, as you have, you realize there are a lot of truly wonderful people out there in the "world". People who are kind and loving, not because you are the same religion, but because it's the right thing to do. No ulterior motives, no agenda. It's such a contrast to being a JW-where you only extend love and kindness to your "brothers", and only if you think they "deserve" it.

Welcome to the rest of your life, brother

• BU2B
    BU2B

You would think they would have enough discretion not to push doctrine at such a sensitive time, but they dont. At least give someone a half hour from the heart funeral!! Even when you die all you are good for is trying to trap others into the cult! They dont realize they probably turn off more than anything.. They come on christmas morning, thanksgiving, and other times that should be about family and friends. Who would want to get up on christmas morning enjoying your family, only to have a JW offering a "Something better than christmas" magazine. No tact or sense of discretion. Im glad you got to experience a funeral where the deceased and the family were respected and someones life was fondly remembered.

I thought the day of ones death was better than being born, according to the WT but I guess refuse to let the R+F celebrate birthdays or a persons life.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome and thank you for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit