Is this true? Do the elders really do it like this?

by Julia Orwell 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

Hi Julia,

It can indeed be "one error, you're out", and that error doesn't even have to be severe. It's merely subject to the politics, biases and whims of the elders in that congregation. I'm living proof of that.

I made the mistake of posting about this very topic in FB last week. My little sister rushed in swinging, saying many of the same things I see above. Realize those comments for what they are: groupthink with no basis in reality. Elders are held by the rank and file to be directed by holy spirit, and their actions are rarely questioned by the hive. The reality is that elders (right on up to the Governing Body!) are fallible human beings with misconceptions, myopias and hidden agendas just like the rest of us.

That realization alone is so dangerous to the organization that doubting the Governing Body as the 'faithful and discreet slave' is in itself a DFable offense.

And that, folks, is how you make a cult.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I just feel(PERSONAL OPINION THEREFORE NOT VALID) sometimes(HOW OFTEN? WHAT STATS ARE IN PROOF OF THIS?)people only hear the side of the "poor me" (AD HOMINEM) disfellowshipped (LOADED LANGUAGE, APPEAL TO FEAR) one and think "how nasty to shun" family is unloving.(OVERGENERALIZATION, STRAW MAN) The disfellowshipped one makes the decision to leave. (THIS IS NOT TRUE BUT A BLANKET STATEMENT BASED ON WBT$ LIES AND PROPAGANDA. OVER GENERALIZATION, STRAW MAN) The elders explain repeatedly what the co nsequences are. (APPEAL TO FEAR. APPEAL TO AUTHORITY. HOW OFTEN DO 'ELDERS' EXPLAIN THIS? EVERY MEETING? ONCE A MONTH? GLITTERING OVER GENERALIZATION) It is not a "one error, you're out" situation. (RED HERRING. FOGGING)"No discipline is joyous but grievous" so the disfellowshipped one has to lay the blame somewhere.... (AD HOMINEM. STRAW MAN. OVER GENERALIZATION WITH NO OTHER BASIS THAN THE MANTRA 'PROTECT THE WBT$ AT ALL COSTS') Remember Adam blamed Eve and Eve blamed the Serpent. (APPEAL TO AUTHORITY IE THE BIBLE. APPEAL TO FEAR)All the family can do is try to keep loyal to Jehovah (APPEAL TO AUTHORITY. APPEAL TO FEAR. STRAW MAN) because it is about Universal Soveriegnty not "you diidnt help your poor unfortunate son in his hour of need". (AD HOMINEM AND ALL THE ABOVE PROPAGANDA FALLACIES)Be careful to never judge others Julia. (APPEAL TO FEAR) Your comments to this article were definitely doing that. Just what Satan wants...."(APPEAL TO FEAR. APPEAL TO AUTHORITY)

Sorry I'm not able to name all the logical fallacies but the above statement is supremely ignorant and based on WBT$ mind control. A typical cult victim's answer. Wait until they're in the firing line and see what it takes to change their mind!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Nice breakdown of the logical fallacies Punkie!

• rowan
    rowan

It was one mistake and out for me. and no, no elder warned me of the consequences. cold hearted biatch.

• Emery
    Emery

Suraj Khan

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

Punk, I think you just inspired a bumper sticker.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Suraj Khan - Wow. I inspired a bumper sticker? .......and it has a WBT$ logo.

I would enrol for the GB now but I'm not a paedophile so won't be allowed to join their club.

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

Punk - Please don't start buggering young boys on my account.

Anyhow I think the job description only requires shielding pedophiles - I think you're qualified enough for the GB gig. Think you can put in a word for me once you're in?

• besty
    besty

"we don't really know what goes on in judicial proceedings, do we Sister Uber?"

"Since the local court was situated at the city gates, there was no question about the trial being public! (Deut. 16:18-20) No doubt the public trials helped influence the judges toward carefulness and justice, qualities that sometimes vanish in secret star-chamber hearings." Watchtower 1981 Jan 1 p.17

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Suraj Khan -

Punk - Please don't start buggering young boys on my account.

Phew! That's a relief. I prefer dark skinned mature females anyway.

I'll tell Ant Morris and Corporal Combover you're an all right geezer!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit