JW women in critical condition after being attacked by pit bull while out in service

by JimmyPage 112 Replies latest jw friends

• new22day
    new22day

What an awful story. Those women must have been terrified and I hope they have a good and full recovery. I agree with the comments that this is more of a reflection on the owner than the breed.

My dog was a stray from the shelter said she's a rottie/pitbull cross. Sounds like a nightmare of a breed but she's the gentlest and kindest dog I've ever met (she's scared of my 5lb kitten).

Pitbulls by nature are very maternal and loyal. The book 'Lost Dogs' is about all the fighting dogs that were rescued from football player, Michael Vick. With lots of care 98% of them were rehabilitated and became famliy pets, some even became hospice dogs. The horrible stories we hear can generally be attributed to abusive owners who train/force them to fight and be mean.

• watson
    watson

If that 78 year old woman was my mother......oh baby.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

watson, when you say "oh baby", do you refer to a fat settlement? or your mother being mauled AND charged for trespassing? id press charges as a householder.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

prologus. the ultimate irony is having the worst fears come true while peddling junk mail. oh, the number of times that i was sent to a SHADY/SCARY door because i was the only male. 12 years old but i was sent because of my gender. oh and the size of my bookbag. lol

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

"The WT to offer to pay for their medical bill??? In what Universe would that happen?"

As we discussed the other day, the woman didn't represent the WTS...she was just doing "personal ministry". She will not get a dime from the WTS. This is one of the reason why the field cirkus is "personal ministry".

• cantleave
    cantleave

Irresponsible dog owners are a scourge on society.

JW's are also a scourge on society.

But NO-ONE deserves what happened to these two ladies.I wish them a speedy recovery.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

cantleave. dont blame the security. blame the people who intruded on private property. my pits would have earned a raw steak and several hours at the park for their "watchtower" work.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

and "irresponsible pet owners" is as vague a the word appostate. so basically, when my protection dogs do what they were trained for is a scourge of society. i say that dishonest thieves are the scourge of society.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Finklestein: Mormon women do go door to door, as I had a pair of young Mormon women knock on my door about 6 months ago.

• ambersun
    ambersun

Levi Moore, an elder at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses at 2626 N. Lewis Ave., said the women were volunteers who walked door-to-door ministering and distributing religious literature.

So there is no doubt they were JWs who were attacked. I like the way the word "volunteers" was stated by this elder, suggesting there was no pressure put on them to do this work, and therefore the WTS had no responsibility for their actions .

I remember when I was a pioneer, we were told to ignore "Do Not Trespass" and "No Canvassing" signs as they "didn't apply to us" . I experienced quite a number of close calls myself! I had my ankle bitten by a dog on one occasion, fortunately I had a huge brother working with me at the time who "saved" me. There were many times when the householder would be holding on to the collars of huge snarling dogs while we talked on the doorstep. I dread to think what would have happened if the dog had slipped its collar or the owner had let go their grip!!

There were loads of occasions when the teenage version of me was alone at the doors due to nobody being available to accompany me, or with another teenage pioneer sister, talking to dodgy looking men in various states of dress (or rather undress). One elderly man opened the door totally naked . But not to worry, Jehovah was watching over us so all was well .

It actually amazes me that we don't hear of more tragedies like this happening. What I would like to know is, what will happen if and when those poor women recover and find they are too traumatised to go door knocking any more? Will they be severely reprimanded by the BOE and warned of impending Annihilation by Jah at armageddon for refusing to go out in service doing this "voluntary" work? I wouldn't put it past them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit