The GB and Jesus sacrifice

by l p 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• l p
    l p

Would you guys be able to help me. I want to get my head around this change in teaching that I have been seeing going round.

Id like to know is it true that the GB are now saying Jesus sacrifice isn't for the rank and file?

If that is so what bloody use is it for everyone to go to the memorial for??

Would you be able to cut and paste the link to the article on jw org so that I can use this if I am turned into a return visit?

Soare they saying they are the mediator between Jesus and who? I thought Jesus was the mediator between jah and us?

So does that mean al us underlings are cut out? Ie we won't be living forever in paradise on earth?

could you also give the link for that on jw org for my reference too.

Would someone also be able to give the link of the picture where there was jah and the GB but no Jesus....

Thanks all..

Lp

• jhine
    jhine

I am not a JW , so any that are or have been please correct me , but I think that the teaching that Jesus isn't the mediator for everyone is not new it has been in existance for a LONG time . The rank and file "benefit " from association with the 144,000 , who up until recently were the F& DS , now it seems it is only the GB that has that honour !

I have never quite figured out exactly how thr r&f benefit from association and not one JW has been able to give me a clear explanation when asked . They don't seem to understand it either. Perhaps an ex JW would like to explain how exactly r&f members obtain their salvation . I assume it is only through works and has nothing to do with faith cus then , heaven forbid ! , the GB would not be needed .

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

This is not a new teaching; it was introduced by Rutherford when he invented the Great Crowd of Other Sheep in the 1930's. It is discussed at Mediator only for the 144,000.

Simply put, the Watchtower teaching is that Jesus is mediator only for the 144,000. This is because only they are under the new covenant, since the Bible says those under the new covenant go to heaven.

However, they say Jesus is High Priest for all, which is why all can receive forgiveness of sins and gain a resurrection.

"Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the Mediator between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members." Worldwide Security Under the "Prince of Peace" pp.10-11

"Is Jesus the "mediator" only for anointed Christians? ... So in this strict Biblical sense Jesus is the "mediator" only for anointed Christians ." Watchtower 1979 Apr 1 p.31

• jhine
    jhine

Thank you , jwfacts , have read the article and am still no nearer to understanding how association actually benefits the great crowd , a marvellous piece of wool pulling by the writing dept while making it seem as if they are presenting "facts " . This links to another thread about how the Watchtower uses words very craftily and carefully to say not a lot but get you believing it !

• designs
    designs

Osmosis

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The Great Crowd are said to be prefigured by the alien residents, and hence benefit as the alien residents did from being able to associate with the Israelites. However, that logic does not fit Watchtower doctrine, as alien residents were under the Law Covenant.

• mP
    mP

But Paul says that If Jesus was on earth he wouldnt or couldnt be a priest. I guess the Jesus was a mediator or perfect sacrifice is total bulldust.

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/bible/hebrews/8

. 4 If, now, he were upon earth, he would not be a priest, there being [men] who offer the gifts according to the Law, 5 but which [men] are rendering sacred service in a typical representation and a shadow of the heavenly things; just as Moses, when about to make the tent in completion, was given the divine command: For says he: “See that you make all things after [their] pattern that was shown to you in the mountain.” 6 B

• humbled
    humbled

Good morning!

No doctrinal worry here---

All who survive Arrmedegon will die a slow suffocating death when the GB arrives to preside once more. They will suck all the air out of the room.

Maeve

• Ding
    Ding
    I'd like to know if it true that the GB are now saying Jesus sacrifice isn't for the rank and file? If that is so what bloody use is it for everyone to go to the memorial for??

For many years, the WTS has taught that the "new covenant" is only for the 144,000.

They believe that the "great crowd" shares in kingdom benefits only by "taking hold of the skirt of a Jew," by which they mean associating with the "anointed" (them).

In so claiming, they supplant both the nation of Israel and Jesus Christ.

Galatians 4:17 (RSV): "They make much of you, but for no good purpose; they want to shut you out, that you may make much of them."

• humbled
    humbled

Bingo, Ding!

That scripture nailed it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit