I Got Deprogramed While Attending Kindom Hall Meetings Doing Research On My iPad 4

by frankiespeakin 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It could happen, though hard to hide what you are looking at. Maybe we need to provide the information on the web in ebook format so that they appear more like a Watchtower publication.

I deprogrammed at the meetings by reading the Studies in the Scriptures from the KH library during the meetings.

• cedars
    cedars

As jwfacts says, it's hard to disguise what you're looking at on an iPad - unless you are sat in the corner of the KH with your back to the wall. Even then, you would probably get a few raised eyebrows for sitting there glued to your iPad.

Kingdom Halls are an environment where everyone shamelessly looks at what everyone else is doing. Brothers doing the microphones will peer at people's Watchtowers to see how much underlining there is. People peak over shoulders of others and constantly glance around to see what others are doing. Let's face it - there's so much boredom in that building, you can't blame people for having wandering eyes. In that kind of atmosphere, it's difficult to imagine someone successfully spending any amount of time on any kind of website other than JW.org.

Cedars

• 88JM
    88JM

I read and post on JWN on my smartphone during the meetings.

I'm usually sat at the back so no-one can see what I'm doing!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

If the Governing Body ever got wind of it happening they would ban them at the meetings, and give talks at conventions about the evils of useing them perhaps?

• cedars
    cedars

frankiespeakin

If the Governing Body ever got wind of it happening they would ban them at the meetings, and give talks at conventions about the evils of useing them perhaps?

I can see a KM "Question Box" item being discussed in the service meeting answering the question "Is it appropriate to use tablet computers during the meeting?" with an answer to the effect of "yes it is, so long as you don't use them for surfing the internet."

Cedars

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Are some PAD brands easier to view at an angle than others? Some laptops are difficult to read from an angle.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I can just picture this scenerio:

COs are reports back to headquarter that some are becoming brazened appostates while using iPads to surf the net durring Watchtower study.

Governing Body then proceeds to find scriptures that support disfellowshipping a person for using iPads durring sacred meetings is a form of useing the name of Jehovah in a worthless way with immediate sanctions. They then proceed to devote an entire Watchtower to point out the evils of surfing the net for suplemental information to go a long with study lessons and how this is "Listening to the Voice of Strangers".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit