Are the Witnesses Really Losing Their Young People?

by What Now? 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Yes, the young people are leaving. More than ever, many are attending college instead of pioneering or reaching out for a position in the congregation.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

What really is needed is for the government to introduce into school curriculums a course on critical thinking, teaching how to identify rhetorical fallacies and indoctrination methods.

Oh, yeah! POLITICIANS encouraging people to do critical thinking? Like THAT'S gonna ever happen!

Politicians depend on the ignorant who get their news from sound bites to keep them in office.

Yes, the young people are leaving. More than ever, many are attending college instead of pioneering or reaching out for a position in the congregation.

I'm recently seeing YOUNG men being appointed as Elders. Under 30. That did not used to happen. Think about it -- the typical 30-year-old (esp a JW) is not prepared to deal with the issues put upon Elders. They have no training and no experience. WTS is desperate.

That means that they are losing their old people too. NO ONE is stepping up to the plate to serve as MS/Elders. They are too busy living their life to the fullest -- they do not show by their lifestyle that they think The End is anywhere close. They just keep one foot in the door -- just in case.

Doc

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

From my observations, more than 50% of born-ins are "out" by their 20s, or never get baptized. Maybe they come back, but probably not.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

From what I am seeing on Facebook in California I would agree 100% with the Pew Research numbers.

The MAJORITY of people I grew up with quit years ago or are "Nominal" JWs. A few Sundays a month. A couple of hrs of "easy time" The Children and grandchildren of most current JWs I know are OUT.

It is fun to find the SECRET Facebook accounts of pious JWs and then click on the family FB connections. VERY revealing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit