Not A Captive got Humbled

by humbled 17 Replies latest jw friends

• humbled
    humbled

I'm sure the more discerning of you thought that the silly, green, wooly-headed avatar called "humbled" that strolled on the scene here looked familiar......

it is I, NAC, with a new given name come back for a visit since I have internet for a while. I have missed you these three years. I've been in a far away land--the Ozark Mountains of NW Arkansas.

Because I've been blessed with anal canal cancer (nothing so hum-drum as rectal cancer) circumstances allow me to share your company 'til my sad bum can get radiated more-or-less back into shape.

Any quality potty-humor (No naughty bm's---oops!--- I meant pms) that can pass the censors will be much appreciated.

Other than that I have enjoyed a few days' lurk-about to see what's up topic-wise--Very lively!

Maeve Courteau

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Wow, hello there Not a Captive, I remember you! I've missed you and thought of you often and wondered how you were doing!

I'm so sorry to hear about your cancer, I hope the treatment is going well and that you aren't finding it too distressing.

Loz x

• humbled
    humbled

Hallo!

You are my Brit friend?!!

There are some distressing things in all this but I am most grateful -for many reasons-that this didn't befall me in, say, my 30's, 40's. ummm-maybe even my 50's. "O, the horror!" It is easier to laugh at myself.

That said, I believe my colo-rectal doctor is vastly underpaid

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Yes, I am that friend! It's true that we are thankful for our years free from sickness. So, how has life been in those there mountains? Have you been enjoying the isolation?

Loz x

• humbled
    humbled

It has been turbulent. I was still "de-toxing" from my 22-year run with the Witnesses when I went up to live again with my husband on the family farm. One of my sons was becoming deeply involved with drugs--meth. During these past 3 years he was arrested twice and there was a lot -a LOT--of trouble on the mountain--Drugs and chaos. My husband broke his leg , etc. etc. It sounds like a bunch of made up stuff--drought, fights, car wrecks.

The kind of stuff that often happens to a lot of us.But I have seven grown children and my husband works horses still--he is 80 next birthday.

But I did get to go back to spooncarving at the farmers' market in Fayetteville, AR.There I got to be gently shunned by passing Witnesses. Some,apparently because I hadn't been expelled for any sensational sin, hadn't heard that I was "unavailable" as one put it. These would come up saying a greeting and I would tell them that I was disfellowshipped. And I became a hot coal to them. They never asked what happened or why.But I have a lot of friends, many good, wonderful people who are not witnesses. They have been incredibly loving to me.

I have been laid open in front of God.

How's life for you?

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome back, I found this online:

A little boy goes up to his dad and says “Dad, where does poo come from?”

Dad explains that food enters the mouth and passes down the oesophagus to the stomach. There, digestive enzymes induce a probiotic reaction in the alimentary canal to extract protein before waste products descend via the colon and rectum to emerge as “poo”.

“F*ck me!” says the little boy “Where does Tigger come from then?”

It sounds like you are staying positive, hope all goes well.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hello Humbled, I am so sorry you are having problems.

My mom used to go with her family by horse in the good old days of summer to visit her grandpa in Siloam Springs. Are you close to there?

I am sorry you are feeling bummy . Does this mean you spend more time on your tummy?

I would rather laugh, than cry. Maybe you feel the same way?

Wishing you the very best out come . Keep us posted.

Just Lois in The North Pacific.

• humbled
    humbled

Laughing still, h@l !! I'm sure that happened!!!!

Lois, Siloam Springs is only @25 miles from here. Small world--I haven't done much riding since I had the first of our 7 children. Been a-foot mostly.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

When I was drinking the Kool-aid, I thought I would get to see all my dead relatives again in the resurrection on earth! I thought I would hear their stories. Get to hug them. The Watch Tower Society made me think my life wasn't important. I work for them for free, now, and I was promised I would get a big reward. What a laugh those Governing Body members have on us. We, simple, innocent human beings believed them. While my life got put on hold, they are having the time of their lives, with poor innocent fools like I was, paying for them to stay in their Watch Tower Ivory Towers.

Sounds to me Humbled, you and your family woke up a long time ago and smelled the coffee. No Kool-aid for you! Smart Girl. You only wasted 22 years with The Control Group.

How wonderful, you had 7 children. Your husband is almost 80 and still works with horses, so he must be very healthy and strong.

Is your son getting help with his drug problem? Does he realize his mom and dad love him and his actions are stressing you out?

Humbled, my mom wasn't very nice. But she was still my mom, and I miss her. She mentioned only a few times the story about her horse and how she went with her cousins to see grandpa, and how beautiful everything was, and what a good time she had. I had always hoped to visit, as in the resurection and meet my great grandpa and everyone else. Yes. I really believed that lie. lol

Can I give you a hug? If I was you, I would need a lot of them. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))) That is me giving you lots of friendly, hardy hugs.

Just Lois

• humbled
    humbled

Just up and about--having my coffee.

Good morning! Lois, whatever time zone you are in, I hope you are well. The wild plum in the fencerows are preparing to bud and all the old homesteads are marked with yellow daffodils.

Your mother may have felt the same tearing pain that I felt that when I was "in"--always working to buy out time to serve Jehovah. The Joy of life was always near and yet always unattainable. Perhaps her memories of the Ozarks and her grandpa and riding horse back--because they were so happy and so gone-- made her a little bitter...but you stayed sweet.

Only two of my children were baptised. One DA'd the other was DF'd. My daughter who DA'd made me reflect on the blind crudity of the manner young ones are handled when they have honest doubts. She was amazing in how she managed herself at age 17. But for a time I was afraid she would kill herself. She is 34 now. It took her years before she felt free to pray.

My husband is in good health but has had a lot of broken bones that act up every day--but he was surprised that his 'young' wife got sick. I am staying in a place with running water and a washer/ dryer while I am doing this cancer treatment. Much closer to everything.

I wonder if I can do something to help the pain that JW lies have caused for others. I can see the topics under dicussion--and I hope there may be a way to invite local discussion. Everyone has their own way to help. That's how I feel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit