2 jws just called on my door

by l p 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• l p
    l p

I saw them coming down the street...the excitment grew.....then 2 people walked up to my door...

one could hardly speak english...struggling to invite me to the memorial....i said "why should i go"

they told me ...bec jesus died for everyone just one day a year is very important...

i said that im not really interested...

i said in the newspaper yesterday there was an article , what religion are you? (knowing full well who they were)

they said jws

i said well this article talks about how you people shun people that dont agree with the religion or just leave and this destroys families bec the families cut them off...

i said that isn't very loving or christlike

she said no we dont shun - i said...yes that is what the lawyer at the headquaters said that shunning is a myth...but then i looked on the website and your organisation says it does shun...

she said no we dont...but when we do there is a good reason...i said hang on!!! you just said you dont shun....then you contradicted yourself and say but when you do there is good reason for it...so what is it ?? you do or you dont....

then she said...well we dont do that its not true...my son lives at home and has chosen not to do anything about the truth and our relationship is fine we dont shun him...i said well you arent doing what the watchtower says...you should be shunning him...she looked at me shocked...i said the january wt says that you should be shunning your son...

she said no it doesnt ...i said yes it does...i read it....

she said where did you get it from...i said online...

she changed the topic

she said you are looking for the truth...i said no im not...she said but you are searching..i said no..i am just open minded and like to read a lot of things....

she said oh you are searching...i said no...

then she said can i do some research about dishfellowshipping and shunning and come back to you...i said nnoooooo....well...you can come back if you do some research on cult characteristics....google the words 'cult characteristics' and read up everything you can...what ever site comes up...then you can come back and we can talk about it...

she said ok...let me write that down...so she wrote down cult characteristics...

she said...oh you are almost in the truth...i said no im not...and when you read up on cult characteristics cults always call themselves 'the truth'

she said oh you are so close...you are searching...i said no im not...she said ill come back and we will talk about it...you will come into the truth...i said no i wont...you dont have the truth

fuck it was the most frustrating conversation....

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

ha ha. jesus died for you're sins. that is like me spraining my ankle for your mortgage.

• l p
    l p

lol

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Sounds like she was excited just to hear that you researched some JW info online, and she feels that soon you will realize that your research leaves no other option except that the JWs have the truth. Any honest examination of her religion will prove it to be the truth, and you are on the way to discovering this.

You are so close to the truth, you are searching for it, and your almost in it.

• l p
    l p

lol

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

LOL! That is hilarious and oh so true. Yrs ago we were chucking a party at our place and the jws knocked on the door. My housemate of the time answered and the jw went into how bad the world is and doesn't it make you feel sad? My mate said no, opened the door and showed the jw hundreds of smiley faces he had put up on the wall! Allegedly the jw dropped his head and left in silence...

• FingersCrossed
    FingersCrossed

she said...oh you are almost in the truth...i said no im not...and when you read up on cult characteristics cults always call themselves 'the truth'

You could say: "Yes I am already in the truth. I know exactly the truth about your truth. I think you should search for that truth too"

• l p
    l p

ooooooo

good reply fingers crossed

• l p
    l p

ooooooo

good reply fingers crossed

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

You handled that really well. It is terrible how JW's have no problem lying at the door about things such as not shunning, and that they don't say only JWs will be saved.

So much for the congregation knowing and caring for the lost sheep. You have lived in that house for decades, and you and your mother were pillars in the congregation (as much as females can be), so there is no excuse for people such as her not knowing you are an ex-JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit