2 jws just called on my door

by l p 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Newly Enlightened - Thanks.

That article is more damning of the JWs than I originally remember.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Actually,I think they don't understand the term,"shunning",since they call it "disfellowshipped",two totally different things,lol.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Great reference, NewlyEnlightened!

A government official of the city of St. Petersburg, Russia, explained: “Jehovah’s Witnesses were presented to us as some kind of underground sect sitting in the darkness and slaughtering children and killing themselves.” However, the people of Russia have recently become better acquainted with the true nature of the Witnesses. After working with Jehovah’s Witnesses in connection with an international convention, the same official observed: “Now I see normal, smiling people, even better than many people I know. They are peaceful and calm, and they love one another very much.” He added: “I really do not understand why people tell such lies about them.”

Ironic, considering that Russia reaffrmed their official position and classified the Watchtower as a dangerous cult, severely restricted WT activity in Russia (again), and has taken to warning Russian citizens publicly to avoid contact with Jehovah's Witnesses. The WT article describing apostates as "mentally diseased" was a factor in Russia's current stance.

slaughtering children and killing themselves

Actually this is true: it's called the "No Blood" doctrine!

“I really do not understand why people tell such lies about them.”

Maybe because much of it is actually not lies but true.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Don't you love the anonymous quotes? Difficult, if not impossible, to substantiate.

"A government official "

of news and special projects for a television station in the United States wrote

The director

"I do not belong to Jehovah’s Witnesses," wrote a newsman in the Czech Republic.

And the weasel words to shut down further thought?

doubtless

obvious

Clearly

I like how WT asks and answers its own question, then calls the answer "obvious":

Of the millions of non-Witnesses who are studying the Bible with the Witnesses or who have studied with them at one time or another, we ask, Were there any attempts to brainwash you? Did the Witnesses employ mind-control techniques on you? "No" would doubtless be your frank response. Obviously, if these methods had been used, there would be an overwhelming number of victims in contradiction to any argument in favor of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

WT arrogance at its finest:

"educational program that has no comparison"

Finally, I thought Jehovah's Witnesses are the most persecuted religion in the world, under constant attack from Satan:

"their moral character and exemplary behavior, which have brought them worldwide commendation"

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"there would be an overwhelming number of victims" How many do the WT want, I guess anyone who has left the WT would label themselves a victim, the vast majority would attest the mind-control used, and there are more XJW's than extant active ones.

Is, say 10 million victims enough for you Watchtower ??????

• Tater-T
  • l p
    l p

thanks for all your replies guys and your support...

to all those faceless supporters xOx

lp

• Hortensia
    Hortensia
    ha ha. jesus died for you're sins. that is like me spraining my ankle for your mortgage.

ROFLMAO

• cassuk11
    cassuk11

If Jesus Christ is the way , the truth and the life. Why do Chrisitans make so many other ways to truth

• cassuk11
    cassuk11

Many people woh ar enot even religious have moral strength. True believers would be recognised by their love . That love has no boundaries and is avaialable to anyone. It does nor equire anyone to go to a certain church. Besides God does not dwell in man made buildings or organisations. He dwells in the hearts of those who beleive in The Mesisah. That is all that is required. It is man that put conditions and boundaries on love . This is why the end of Gods dealing with man in the flesh ended in the 1st century. Fufilling all prophecy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit