• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Yup

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

At least he has the right name.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Shunning not true - bollocks - I'm shunned as are many people on here.

• zeb
    zeb

It was this lawyer who said to a Victorian (State of) court that the faithful and discreet slave and the governing body dont exist they are convenient theological arrangements.

from the Steven Unthank case against the traralgon congregation.

• beasleymyboy
    beasleymyboy

Hi,

First time I've posted here. Only joined the forum because of this comment of Vin Toole's. He was my C.O when I pioneered in Melbourne many moons ago. His wife Sue was a gem, but he was always an arrogant fellow. When I read the article in "The Age" I was incensed but after reading his remark a number of times I saw how clever her really was. By saying that "shunning is a myth and that baptised members who drift away are not treated badly" he is technically correct. You can read his comment a numer of different ways. When I first read it, I was sitting in a cafe and read the article quickly and the way I undestood it at the time was that members who drift away are not shunned. By using all those words in the same sentence, he makes the true meaning ambiguous.

cheers

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Welcome Beasleymyboy. Yes I vaguely remember his wife as a sweety but his arrogance overshadowed that family and yes he was very clever in misleading the enquirey by being technically correct but of course we all know the reality. I drifted off but was later informed that I was disfellowshipped. Not that I cared....

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

From Zeb:

"It was this lawyer who said to a Victorian (State of) court that the faithful and discreet slave and the governing body dont exist they are convenient theological arrangements."

Can you find this in a transcript for me?

P

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

These WTS higher-ups are the biggest sociopaths in a decidedly sociopathic organization, and hence can lie, and even to an extent, believe their own lies due to their ability to jump through legalistic mental hoops that are far beyond the reach of most mortals.

It's really, really sad, when you see the deep strangeness and viciousness of persons such as Mr. Toole, who hold such power of millions of people.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Make crime pay, become a lawyer" - Will Rogers

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" "It was this lawyer who said to a Victorian (State of) court that the faithful and discreet slave and the governing body dont exist they are convenient theological arrangements."

Until Steve Unthank or someone else provides a transcript, THE ABOVE is a Myth.. I have been trying to find it for a year. It is hearsay, nothing more.

Someone would have posted it by now if it was real. It's the Bigfoot of quotes......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit