Shunning a myth says jw spokesman

by doofdaddy 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy
    http://www.theage.com.au/ national/ jehovahs-witnesses-a-cruel-cult -20130315-2g5x3.html

It's hotting up in Australia regarding cults, especially tax free like jws but how is the response of Vin Toole (the Australian WTS legal mouth piece) regarding shunning!

• Listener
    Listener

Typical talk from a JW

To quote from the article

"A spokesman for the church in Australia, Sydney solicitor Vincent Toole, dismissed the allegations and said shunning was a"myth."

Myth's can also be true but there are hundreds of cases documented demonstrating it is more than a myth.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

why would they say it isn't true...

aren't they proud of their biblical stance

• FatFreek 2005
    FatFreek 2005

"A spokesman for the church in Australia, Sydney solicitor Vincent Toole, dismissed the allegations and said shunning was a 'myth.'"

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

• smiddy
    smiddy

If he was quoted accurately , and I stress IF ,then he is a liar ,WT publications have been very forthright in encouraging the winesses to shun baptized members who no longer accept them as the truth.

smiddy

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

*** w88 4/15 p. 29 par. 20 Discipline That Can Yield Peaceable Fruit ***
    this important case determined that a disfellowshipped or disassociated person cannot recover damages from Jehovah’s Witnesses in a court of law for being shunned.

*** w81 9/15 p. 22 par. 12 Disfellowshiping—How to View It ***
    Thus “disfellowshiping” is what Jehovah’s Witnesses appropriately call the expelling and subsequent shunning of such an unrepentant wrongdoer.

*** km 8/02 p. 4 par. 12 Display Christian Loyalty When a Relative Is Disfellowshipped ***
    Cooperating with the Scriptural arrangement to disfellowship and shun unrepentant wrongdoers is beneficial.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Great quotes Jeffro. Actually could be handy in the future if or when the enquiry into cults gets going. Actually when I was a teenager, I had a bible study with V Toole who was the elder pioneer super star of the time. He was very intelligent, a smooth talker and could spin a positve on any situation. No wonder he was chosen by the society to attend Uni and do a law degree. He would find it difficult to spin those WT quotes though....

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Great quotes Jeffro

Indeed. And it's very 'convenient' that Our Kingdom Ministry, as well as The Watchtower prior to 2000, are not to be found on the online version of the Watch Tower Library.

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

I found Vincent Toole's address at whitepages.com.au. I'm going to write to him, referencing the article in The Age (along with Jeffro's quotes from the Society's literature), and ask him if he was quoted correctly.

Think he'll respond?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I found Vincent Toole's address at whitepages.com.au. I'm going to write to him, referencing the article in The Age (along with Jeffro's quotes from the Society's literature), and ask him if he was quoted correctly.

That (2-4 Zouch Rd) is actually the address for the JW Branch Office in Australia, which is where Toole operates his private practice for the Watch Tower Society. Good luck with that.

Actually, it's a little down the road from the branch office. More than likely a Watch Tower owned property though.

http://goo.gl/maps/Ts1rC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit