something odd that i noticed before i stopped going

by cptkirk 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

the main guy in the cong, they call them coordinators now or something, used to be called po right?....anyway, this guy kept reading from a different bible and seemed like he was trying to get others to do the same....."the living bible" ? or something? could this have something to do with the rumors about phasing out the nwt? they going to phase in this living bible? reason i just thought of this is because i was reading something from this below site and it reminded me of these memories.

http://bible.cc/1_kings/11-10.htm

was trying to get some info about solomon when he peaced out

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

Did you attend my congregation? Our COBOE often reads from the NWT first and then for emphasis reads the New Living Bible's version. Our COBOE is a good dude though. I think they stopped using the PO title as parolees refer to their parole officers with the same acronym. Being a JW is like being institutionalized.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

i doubt it. this actually makes perfect sense though, because reading and writing skills are not what they used to be (in general)....makes sense that they would phase in a dumbed down bible.

• Dismissing servant
    Dismissing servant

I don't think the society will abandon the NWT, they have invested a lot of it's prestige in " the best translation". Other rumours are telling that there will be a new edition of the NWT later this year.

• cantleave
    cantleave

We had a bro who would use other translations, but was told by the CO his use was inappropriate.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

what year was that though?

• cantleave
    cantleave

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

what i saw occurred 2010 into 2011 , so there is enough of a window there that it may be possible. i'm remembering more, the more that i think about it....was really odd for the so called leader of the cong to be citing verses that were far out of sync with the nwt.....these guys live and breathe for uniformity, and it would appear this is going on in multiple locations...

(he was not saying *and* in the nwt these verses can be found at....xyz 5 xyz 5) only cited living translation

• zeb
    zeb

............................ "curioser and curioser"..

from Alice in Wonderland.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

Coordinator ? I left so long ago I need an updated list of current Titles and terms, which I depend on you guys for. Why do I need this? So when I sneak into a meeting to try to find some poor lost soul I used to know, I will not frighten them by being to obviously apostate. Also I guess I should know what books are being used now, I am assuming the Revelation Book is no longer used because its just too weird and obviouly full of false predictions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit