Question For Elders - Am I being Paranoid?

by The Searcher 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Think About It
    Think About It

During your next talk.....beware of two elders present and taking notes.

Let's review: It's a cult.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

If you really were paranoid, you sure as heck wouldn't be posting this outside the Private forum. Pretty identifiable, if a brother in your cong. happens to be browsing here ;)

• stillin
    stillin

Tiki. Yes, an inactive one can give talks in the TMS just like any interested one can. Admittedly, I can't help but wonder when the assignments will stop coming. I have volunteered to the overseer to drop out, since I'm inactive and maybe the time is wasted on me, but he keeps me going. I enjoy working up something special for the congregation to think about and I enjoy the extra research, too. What struck me as really strange was getting a talk during the CO's visit. They usually save those spots for the reacher-outers.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Ha. Your School Overseer probably just isn't organized enough to schedule in line with the CO visit, or he made the schedule before the date was announced. I'm always surprised when they give me assignments too, I don't do very much in the congregation either.

• committeechairman
    committeechairman

If there was suspicion of you by the service committee or body of elders, they would have talked with you long before this. Most elders and bodies of elders do not have the discpline and patience to carry out a long-running investigation of someone they suspect of being out-of-line. They are much more likely to just have two elders discuss the matter and ask key questions to draw out where you stand on this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit