Question For Elders - Am I being Paranoid?

by The Searcher 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I gave the talk last week on the meaning of the Memorial Emblems in the 'B' school. (included subtle 'seeds' as well) I was puzzled to see a member of the Service Committee come in as part of the spectator group, because he NEVER leaves his family to come into the 'B' school. (I was wondering if I'd been deliberately assigned the material, to test me)

Anyway the point is this, (as my wife pointed out later) every week, the COBE attends 'B' school as part of the audience, but this week he was ill and was absent.

Question: Is there some kind of 'testing the inspired expressions' going on by the elders - monitoring what the flock say in their talks?

From now on I'm going to watch more closely to see if this is a pattern. Any other congs experience this?

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

It might be that, but it seems more likely to me that they are watching the person conducting the second school. Is it being conducted by a ministerial servant or a newer elder? If so, they are probably having more experienced elders sit in to observe how he is doing and offer advice.

• ItsMyLife
    ItsMyLife

I agree with NeonMadman - the school overseer and assistant overseer are 'monitored' and given feedback if deemed necessary. It probably has nothing to do with you personally, so please don't fret x

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

What they said... ^^^

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Just because you're paranoid does NOT mean they aren't out to get you!

Seriously, what does it tell you about this religion that you even HAVE these kinds of thought?

Indoctrinated phobias are just one of the many tools in the WT Manipulation & Control Toolkit.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

It is probably benign. I wouldn't worry. But OOdad is right. Doesn't it suck to have to live like this?

• cantleave
    cantleave

I would occasionally go into the 2nd school when I was service overseer if the audience seemed small.

• stillin
    stillin

I also had that talk. Apparently it was one of my better ones, as quite a few complimented me on my handling of the material. It was also CO week and now, all of a sudden, several elders are asking me to get out in service. (I have been inactive for about a year)

I miss the security of being totally "in." But it seems like I know too much to go back.

• stillin
  • tiki
    tiki

stillin - i don't get it........you give talks in the tsm yet are inactive in fs?????????? how do you pull that one off?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit