Window Peepers

by piztjw 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• piztjw
    piztjw

So today one of the local elders came around to "check out how you are doing."

I didn't really feel like putting up with the interrogation, or the false concern so I decided that I didn't "hear" the doorbell. The guy decided he needed to circle my home and peek in the windows to see if I was home or not. Why should I need to keep the blinds drawn and doors locked to keep them out? Local LE does nothing. So now what? Any ideas, short of metaphorically protecting myself from an alleged intruder by whatever means?

What have been your experiences with this kind of conduct from so-called elders?

• blondie
    blondie

Call the police anyway; unless they walked up the sidewalk to the front door, they have trespassed. Check the rules regarding posting your property regarding trespassing.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/184600/1/TRESPASSING

One elder bragged how he and another elder went around the back of his ex-wife's house one night and took pictures of her and her boyfriend watching TV and they used that as a basis for df'ing her so he could marry his new honey scripturally.

I live in an area that allows people to defend themselves at home with firearms as well as carrying concealed. I would tell him that he is trespassing, that I have pictures of him window peeping, and the next time I would do whatever I can to protect myself. I can be a formidable picture when necessary. You understand though that your feelings will not matter to him and you will be the "bad" one in his story.

I don't know what you told the LE, but don't mention you know the person at all, but that you are a woman alone, and that this is not the first time the person has done this (stalking?).

If I had a big territorial dog, I would let him loose in the yard.....

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Peeping Tom elder? Call the cops.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Yup, they feign "concern" and offer "help" - of the type you need like a hole-in-the-head.

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Love the dog idea!

• blondie
    blondie
    I don't know what you told the LE, but don't mention you know the person at all, but that you are a woman alone, and that this is not the first time the person has done this (stalking?).

I know the local police in my neighborhood, a good friend for the last ten years. He'd be here even if he was off duty immediately. But not everyone has those contacts.

My husband read this and said the "brother" would get the fright of his life as he turned around and saw me with a baseball bat telling him to get off our property.

How creepy....makes we want to go over and peep in their windows...

• tiki
    tiki

obnoxious behavior...if it were nice weather and you had a hose handy, i'd say give him a surprise shower.

• piztjw
    piztjw

Thanks for the ideas.

I'm not a woman so I am not worried about that particular aspect of the harassment, but I am getting fed up with the phony concern. This all from the same bunch who read me the riot act when I said I was no longer going to dance to their tune and I was quitting "reaching out". I am one of the ones that as "elder" A said were reprehensible (married a non-jw fifteen years ago), "elder" B said I was not a husband of one wife (jw ex-wife committed adultery and married her new boyfriend twenty years ago), "elder C said no matter how spiritual I tried to be I was only good for field serve us and scrubbing the hall toilets. So basically to Hades with them, and now they are all "concerned" about how I am?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Maybe if you walked around inside your house naked they'd get the hint ... or maybe that'd make 'em come back more often!!!

• the truth is mine
    the truth is mine

Elders only have the power that you give them. Next time they come by and look in your windows just wave and roll over going back to your nap. What can they do? They are the ones overstepping their bounds. If they ask you about it. Tell them it's your house and if they didn't want their "feelings hurt" by knowing they were being ignored stop looking in other peoples windows.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit