Raphael Aron in The Age newspaper: Jehovah's Witnesses 'a cruel cult'

by WinstonSmith 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• thecrushed
    thecrushed

a myth! lying bastard! this article is dead on accurate and needs to be repeated again a 1000 timed in every major newspaper in the world. Down with this disgusting pedo protecting soul and family destroying cult!!!!!!!!!!!

• cedars
    cedars

Here is my article on the subject for those who are interested...

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/australian-psychologist-brands-jehovahs-witnesses-a-cruel-cult-as-watchtower-ramps-up-its-shunning-campaign

Cedars

• Chaserious
    Chaserious

Requiring actual humanitarian or cultural work to be done by a charity to obtain tax advantages would be tremendous progress. I hope that Australia (and eventually other countries) move in that direction.

That way you make the group prove that are involved in a sufficient amount of positive qualifying work with the money they raise rather than having their self-interested organization subsidized by taxpayers and you don't have to get into the doctrines.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

What would all us fading jw's do if the WTBTS had " nu-light " on charitable works? LOL!!! I would stop attending meetings and help those less fortunate, hopefully on the WTBTS's dime.. Still, they get money from my contributions... so would I really be any better off? I hate organized religion.

• Quandry
    Quandry

What a delightful little story.

Ha! Yes, indeed!

What a big fat lie-"Shunning is a myth" Does this man think all the JWs in Australia will magically not notice articles like this? Talk about creating cognitive dissonance!

And Cedars-great coverage!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

I'm new to JWN and will post my story at another time.

This denial of the WT's official policy of shunning by the WTS' attorney is almost incomprehensible. Jehovah's Witnesses are famous for disfellowshipping ("shunning")! You'd think that the WT would pick its battles a little more rationally, and if they are going to spout bald-faced lies, at least do it with something they have even a small chance of defending. To call shunning a "myth" is indefensible, considering that last week's WT Study reaffirmed the Society's hardline stance on DF, telling JWs to have no contact with disfellowshipped relatives, not even by something as benign as e-mail. And, the WT's official website also says that Jehovah's Witnesses shun fellow Witnesses.

Regarding lying, here is what the Watch Tower Societies official encyclopedia, "Insight on The Scriptures", has to say about lying:

The father, or originator, of lying is Satan the Devil. (Joh 8:44) His lie conveyed by means of a serpent to the first woman Eve ultimately brought death to her and to her husband Adam. (Ge 3:1-5, 16-19) That first lie was rooted in selfishness and wrong desire. It was designed to divert the love and obedience of the first human pair to the liar, who had presented himself as an angel of light, a benefactor. (Compare 2Co 11:14.) All other malicious lies uttered since that time have likewise been a reflection of selfishness and wrong desire. People have told lies to escape deserved punishment, to profit at the expense of others, and to gain or maintain certain advantages, material rewards, or the praise of men.

Especially serious have been the religious lies, as they have endangered the future life of persons deceived by them. Said Jesus Christ: "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because you traverse sea and dry land to make one proselyte, and when he becomes one you make him a subject for Gehenna twice as much so as yourselves." (Mt 23:15) The exchange of God’s truth for "the lie," the falsehood of idolatry, can cause a person to become a practicer of what is degrading and vile. — Ro 1:24-32.

The case of the religious leaders of Judaism in the time of Jesus’ earthly ministry shows what can happen when one abandons the truth. They schemed to have Jesus put to death. Then, when he was resurrected, they bribed the soldiers who had guarded the tomb so they would conceal the truth and spread a lie about the disappearance of Jesus’ body. — Mt 12:14; 27:1, 2, 62-65; 28:11-15; Mr 14:1; Lu 20:19.

Jehovah God cannot lie (Nu 23:19; Heb 6:13-18), and he hates "a false tongue." (Pr 6:16-19)

----

By their own words WT condemns itself. Yet, sadly, will never see that what it publishes applies first and foremost to itself!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome, AndDon'tCallMeShirley

Love your name...one of my favorite actors and favorite movie lines!

So true...so many references to shunning in the WT publications how in the world can they hope to convince anyone that it is a "myth?"

• Londo111
    Londo111

Thanks for sharing, WinstonSmith!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

I think Mr. O'Toole is a myth.

I'd love to get my hands on that weasel. I'm a mythbuster!

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Thank you winston smith for the article. I also have concluded that this is a cult, it's only a matter of time before the total cruelty is exposed.

And Don't call me Shirley

Welcome aboard, it's nice to have you here. Your points are clear and concise. It reminds me of the research I did years ago regarding liying. What conclusion I came to is this. Lying is the only sin that "ALWAYS" has a motive behind it, and it is never pure, and is ment to hide something. That is why God hates liying. It is listed among the detestable things God hates. I coined a phrase after my research and it is this. JW's are the most self deceived people on the earth.

Again welcome aboard and keep your logic coming.

Affectionately, Brother of the Hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit