Doomed to be Sad!

by Sirona 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• patio34
    patio34

Thanks for letting us know Sirona! Three cheers for good health to you!! [img]

As for your doomsayer mother, it was best said by another "living well is the best revenge." Or, better yet, you can be proof that she's not right.

Pat

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

That's good stuff about the negative results.

As for the 'sadness' I think that they are just putting their sadness on you. In effect I think they're saying, "'I' would be much happier if you can back to the truth, etc."

I'm sure they're not so deluded as to think that your life is a dungeon of dispair, but they think that by telling you that your life is bad, that you will eventually be manipulated enough to 'return to the fold'.

{Shudder}

ashi

• COMF
    COMF

she replied "well lets see how your life turns out then!"

Okay, mom, let's do! ...Uh... are you going to watch and see, mom, or are you going do do your best to drag my life down by either shunning me or constantly harping about this?

• Simon
    Simon

Thats good news Sirona ... and you never know - perhaps your mothers opinion will change?

• 2SYN
    2SYN

(((SIRONA)))

Hope it doesn't recur!

I'm sure glad we don't vote anymore like we did before we got the truth. Now we get to complain about everything ALL the politicians do!
    [SYN], UADA - Unseen Apostate Directorate, Africa

• think41self
    think41self

((((Sirona))))

GREAT NEWS!
    ...about the cancer being all clear.

Remember what it's like to think like a dub. Your mother has to believe that there is no way you can be happy ouside the organization, otherwise too many other things would not make sense to her and the cognitive dissonance would be painful.

Thanks for letting us know how you are and I agree with the others...just go out and show her how happy you are by the way you live your life.

think41self

She had the vocabulary of a brothel owner specializing in service to sailors with Tourette's syndrome

• patio34
    patio34

Hi again Sirona,

I said

As for your doomsayer mother, it was best said by another "living well is the best revenge." Or, better yet, you can be proof that she's not right.
    But an even better way to look at it is that you can show her a positive role model at what a healthy-minded and intelligent person is like when they're not mind-controlled.
  • Sirona
    Sirona

Hi

Think41self, you made a great point. They are not allowed to think that someone could be "truly" happy without the "truth"!

Wierd, but she still thinks I'm searching for a truth, and I keep telling her that I dont need all the answers, I'm happy as I am. No matter how much I say it she keeps saying "you won't find what you are searching for". Wierd.

Thanks everyone else, I appreciate your advice.

Sirona

** http://www.religioustolerance.org **

• yumbby
    yumbby

Congratulations on your health news! That is so wonderful. I had to laugh that your mom assumed that you'd be unhappy now. I remember being so depressed one day and my mom turning around in the car and being so angry at me because she said "Jehovahs people are happy!" Your giving a bad witness going around with that mope on your face all the time. So on top of having major depression, I was guilty for it because I was letting Jehovah down. So many good things have happened to me since I left the borg, and when I feel sad, I dont' feel guilty, I just get over it now. No more baggage. I hope you all the happiness in the world and I believe you have many more good things to look forward to!

• butalbee
    butalbee

Where do all get these cool graphics from?

I'm so happy for you that you're well!!

But your definitely not doomed to be sad if you aren't a dub, that's just a clever tactic to make yeah get back into the supposed truth of JW's. Listen to your own heart, you'd be surprised where it will take you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit