Doomed to be Sad!

by Sirona 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi All,

Firstly, before I say why I'm doomed to be sad, I'd like to give you the good news : I've got the all clear which means that my malignant melanoma skin cancer is ALL GONE! The surgery worked, so I dont need any more treatment!

So why am I doomed to be sad? Well, I dont think I am. My JW mother however seems to think that if Im not JW then I am doomed to be sad! She told me the other day that I was only happy as a JW and that ever since I've not been happy. When I said I simply don't want to be JW, she replied "well lets see how your life turns out then!"

I'm so annoyed at the attitude that only JWs are happy and every problem in my life is because Im not JW. AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

I'm just trying to get my life back after being ill for 2 months with cancer, and now I'm told that I cant achieve happiness without going to the hall.

Groan, moan, groan...
    Sirona

** http://www.religioustolerance.org **

• Englishman
    Englishman

I'm glad you're OK.

Englishman.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Glad you've got the all clear Sirona

Since we left we've never been happier, I'm sure you will be too!

• Sirona
    Sirona

Yeah, Im over the moon about my result....I guess Im proving her wrong already

• Gopher
    Gopher

Sirona,

My JW elder / dad said the same thing to me: "You'll be happier if you came back to the truth." That comment came out of the blue in our most recent conversation (which was last fall).

I was thinking, how arrogant! And how presumptious, for I had given no indication of sadness during the earlier part of the conversation.

I guess all JW parents run off the same program.

Congrats on beating the melanoma, Sirona!! That is terrific.

-J.R., member, UADNA-MN
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Minnesota division)

This post was not evaluated by any mental health professionals.
    Any opinions expressed are those of a fuzzy, cuddly rodent.

• Celia
    Celia

Really glad you're healthy again.
    Don't let your Mom's comments upset you.
    Live your life the way you want to live it.
    And be happy !

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Hi Sirona,

I had no idea you had been going through such an ordeal. How wonderful to have peace of mind about that...! Okay. No more nude sunbathing for you.

As far as your mother's psychic/foretelling the future abilities go, living well is the best revenge.

It's appalling at times, and amusing at others - to see how a truly ensnared jw will regard virtually any event (good or bad) as an indication of someone's spiritual "standing". I once had a ministerial servant imply that my brother's death may have been prevented by Jehovah if....... whatever.

I have thought very long and hard at times about whether I've ever REALLY known ANY individual jw to be "happy"; I can't think of ONE person who is a jw and who is not plagued with some issue that they must "endure" on a daily basis. They "rely on Jehovah" and "wait for the end".....

In fact, if a jw IS happy, they are suspect! (This world is EVIL!!! This system is ONLY FIT FOR COMPLETE DESTRUCTION!!!) Being miserable is a sort of honor badge they wear. I took mine off and have never been happier in my life.

Take care and thanks for the good news about your health,

laura

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Sirona, Ditto to what Lauralisa said. In fact, when I stopped going to meetings anything bad that happened to me was caused by Demons. The demons really get you when you stop attending meetings, according to some members of my family. So, if you get sick, miss your bus, lose your job, etc., its all caused by demons.

I am glad to know that you are feeling better. Good luck to you.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The threat of some thing bad happening to xmembers is a common tactic used by cults: moonies, scientologists, etc.

Congratulations. I'm glad you overcame the health problem. Since you could do that, it shows you can overcome other obstacles. Who knows how much you can do for yourself now.

SS

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hey, thanks all!

SS - good point, they are a cult and they use these mind tactics to make you think that if you go back, all your problems will be solved. Crazy!

Lauralisa - lol @ no more nude sunbathing. The neighbours will be disappointed this summer.

So Im going off now to be happy, happy, happy!
    Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit