Who of you ever lied on your field service reports?

by Julia Orwell 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I've read a few people mention making up the figures for the field service reports, and I want to find out how common it is. I never lied on my report. Sometimes I'd round up 15 minutes if I'd mentioned JW stuff to my brother that month, but that wasn't falsifying. I was very strict on what I counted as 'witnessing', and did not include unbaptised born-ins even though I could have because I figured they'd known the doctrines longer than me anyway.

Not that I'm judging anyone who was 'creative' - I couldn't care less how much witnessing anyone does anymore. I'm just curious to see whether this is a relatively common thing.

Also, if you ever helped a relative or friend wake up to the TTATT, how did you do it?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Towards the end, the fs overseer used to put in a report for me w a few hours on it. I planned on putting in those hours. But, i never got around to it. Its too late, now. I was thinking of figuring out how many hours i worked for the wt society and putting a dollar value on them and sending them a bill.

S

• Lozza Aussie
    Lozza Aussie

I do it just about each month especially if I haven't been out much.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I used to be so worried about "cheating" I used to round down my hours.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I did near the end - I felt nothing about it and then at the death I didn't bother putting in a field service report.

My aunt eventually saw TTATT - when I initially left I spoke to her on the lack of love, not that that had any influence or maybe it did, 5 years later she started questioning the faith on her own and doing her own research, that is when she came as we could have more detailed talks without her getting upset. She has since faded totally.

It took her to question - it's got to come from their side - otherwise it just looks like you're attacking the faith.

• JWOP
    JWOP

Near the end I simply quit filing my monthly reports. The elders kept trying to goad me into it, and I kept explaining that the counting of hours cannot be supported in Scripture, and that it's plenty enough that God is the one who knows my hours. I don't know if they filled in fake hours for me or not.

• dozy
    dozy

I was congregation secretary for a few years & it was obvious that many of the reports were padded or exaggerated - at a rough guess maybe 30% or so. This doesn't include all the pioneer tricks - starting their time by leaving a tract in a phone box , driving past a not-home RV etc - which really are also cheating , but sanctioned by the WTBTS. Having said that , some JWs are pretty anal about diligently counting every single minute , deducting tea breaks etc.

There was one brother who put in exactly the same report in every month - eg 25 hours 10 mags 7 RV etc yet you would hardly ever see him out in the ministry. It was clearly a complete fiction.

Personally I was once roasted by an elder for letting my hours drop below 10 so I made sure that they were always in double figures after that as I didn't want the hassle. I didn't see any need not to count shepherding calls , items at the meeting etc even though these aren't officially allowed.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Toward the end I started putting one hour on my slip. I didn't want any elder coming after me about it. Although, I was so angry that I think I scared them all off anyway.

• GoneAwol
    GoneAwol

I was told as a servant, my hours needed to be double figures to qualify for elder. So i was instructed to put an hour each week for each child for our family study. That would mean 12 extra hours each month i could have claimed on top of the 7 or 8 i was doing. We didnt have a family study though. Didnt see the point, so all those lovely bragging points went begging..

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I was working full time and regular pioneering while I was mentally awake. Of course I lied on my field service report.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit