The bible is a letter to the 144,000

by sosoconfused 22 Replies latest jw friends

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

Remembering all of this is making me so freaking sad right now

• prologos
    prologos

reminds me of the probably made- up story of the pioneer talking to a nun with the magazine presentation, and noticing a gold ring, had it confirmed that she considered herself to be a bride of christ.:

The pioneer retorted. :

"well ma' m here then is a letter from your husband."

The bible is a cool, stirring collection of STORIES,

for ALL members of the twelve tribes.

sealed or not.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Now you can use it against them..

"Well, you do know that wasn't written for me, I'm not in the 144,000"

• label licker
    label licker

It was told to us by the elder who was studying with us at the time. After he told us that what followed in the next sentence from his mouth was "but you didn't hear that from me". He said he could get into trouble telling us that one. And at the same time he looked like he was kind of embarrassed about it. Weird!

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I remember that. It made me think of a quote from "What About Bob?"

"He's so far above us. We're just ropes on the Goodyear blimp."

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I heard the bible was only for the 144,000 too. I couldn't understand why us non anointed used the words "through Christ" if he was only mediator for anointed ones.

Shouldn't we have been ending our prayers through the "faithful and discreet slave" if we are only saved by hanging onto their coat-tails?

• pixel
    pixel

And they lie saying in the Bible Teach book that the Bible is a gift from God to all, and yada-yada-yada

• Emery
    Emery

@LostGeneration, my thoughts exactly!

Why should any of the great crowd be responsible for upholding anointed duties found in the NT?

For instance why is the great crowd responsible for going out in service? This command (according to the WT) was only given to anointed christians. Why are the members of the great crowd disfellowshipped if the scripture used to do so applies toward anointed christians only? Am I the only one here thinking about a legal loop hole?

• tec
    tec

I was also taught that during my bible study. (not that the bible was a letter to the 144, but that Christ was speaking only to them)

It is a lie... but in that case, the first question that one should ask is why they teach that all of their members must 'go and make disciples of all nations'?

According to them, Christ only wanted the 144 to partake. He was only addressing them. But then they cannot have it both ways and say that he was addressing everyone ever, when it comes to the witnessing.

So it is again a case of speaking out of both sides of their mouths.

Peace,

tammy

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

but now that the other sheep are included in the domestics I guess us lowly "non-anointed" ones are creeping into relativity within the the NT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit