PO refuses to give me a "shepherding" visit ... wtf ???

by Calebs Airplane 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Caleb:

I would hold to the 'one visitor only' motif. Sounds like it would keep them at bay. But be careful they don't do an end-run on you and get two elders seperately to hear the same thing from you. That would be just as good for them. Two seperate witnesses is as good as two at the same time.

• maisha
    maisha

It sounds like he is AFRAID of you.

ask him straight out.

are you afriad to visit us alone?.

lol

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

They want two of them there in case you confess to a disfellowshipping offense. If there is only one elder there you could recant your confession and they couldn't prove that you actually confessed. If two of them are there they have their required two witnesses.

• itsyou
    itsyou

it seems to be standard procedure?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/188898/1/New-BOE-letter-on-inactive-ones

"arrangements should be made by the Congregation Service Committee for two elders to visit the inactive one."

But really you gave TMI re:wife - pure red flag in any circumstance, JW or not - but you probably gave them a good laugh??

itsyou

• label licker
    label licker

I have to laugh, hold on. Ok, I'm back. Whew! I am a female and I was stuck with an elder alone when it came to him asking me if I was making donations. His lecture lasted three hours at the kingdom hall. Second time he lectured me in the woodshed, his stupid wife was with him. When it came to mine and hubby's baptisim questions that they go over with you, which was three different times, each time I was alone with an elder. Another time when two elders came to our home because a brother ripped us off almost three thousand dollars, I was in a room with the one elder and hubby was in the living room with the other elder. That was our socalled shepherding which by the way they agreed we were ripped off but why not let ourselves be wronged. I hope you morons at the society are reading this for this is what really goes on. A bunch of pompous asses.

• Fed-up
    Fed-up

" disfellowshipping offense"

I love this term...its so stupid.

"...the taking of offense is what rests in the bosom of the stupid ones." -Ecc 7:9

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Chaserious is correct. I have had one on one visits. He knows what you "sound like", and will not go on his own for reasons you already know. he made up the scriptural support for it. There is no direction scripturally in this regard.

• rocketman
    rocketman

He knows you're married, and that may be another factor. What if he visits alone and your wife is home but you're not there for some reason? It's a precaution.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Absolute baloney.....Perhaps he is just plain chicken ! Or when he calls, he wants a witness?

Last year I had a reasonable meeting with an elder ( he is my wife's group overseer) That was one on one , I said what I wanted to , he had no answers and we parted amicably. He promised to meet again, but I did not expect him too and he hasn't.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I agree that he wants back up, the thing is if you do not stick to your one on one only rule, and two turn up, they can together put any spin they like on what you say and how can you prove they are both lying ? IT HAS HAPPENED !

By the way, two Elders trumps you plus your wife, so no god thinking her presence will be a safeguard if two Elders are present. They will simply claim she misunderstood the import of what you were saying, wheras the superior male Elders got it straight.

I had a one on one with an Elder, told him all sorts of TATT, told him if he repeated anything I had said I would deny every word, his word against mine.

Nothing happened except he went around warning all the JW's he could that they should not talk to me or I would make them lose their faith !

Probably true, if their faith is in the WT, nothing I said would shake a true faith in God, I didn't say anything against god.

So, insist on your one to one rule, and record that if it ever happens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit