If there is a God . . .

by zed is dead 74 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

I had a post written out, OTWO. Internet crashed.

But I am reminded of this:

Even Christ had a moment of doubt, thinking God had forsaken him... up on the cross and in the pain that others had inflicted upon Him.

Peace to you,

tammy

• tec
    tec

your pulling out the blame the victim card is pretty lame..

I am stating to put blame where blame actually belongs. In the hands of those who cause you harm. I mean, this is the same thing you believe, unless you actually do believe in God.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

Even Christ had a moment of doubt, thinking God had forsaken him... up on the cross and in the pain that others had inflicted upon Him.

THAT is the most ridiculous thing in the bible.

For those that believe in a trinity...it is all kinds of stupid. He is god and doubts himself.

And for those who don't...it just shows he was ONLY a man after all. With NO special knowledge..only faith. You do not doubt knowledge about a god especially if you are his son and in direct contact with him. That's just plain silly. He's supposed to be Christ for goodness sake.

• tec
    tec

I don't believe in the trinity, as I think you know. Nor did Christ doubt knowledge about God... only for a moment thought that He had been forsaken.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

Please read my post...I did not even infer that YOU believed in the trinity.

And Jesus DID doubt knowledge about god. He doubted that he would do what he is supposed to have promised. He doubted the VERY idea that he was the christ and was sent to save the world. He doubted that he would be risen again...he thought he had been forsaken...(abandoned). That the whole reason he was there was bullshit. If he KNEW...he would not doubt. Since what he was doubting was the whole purpose for his birth.

If that doesn't say it all.

But I'm sure you'll find some way to make it work for you.

• still thinking
    still thinking

My God, my God, why have you forsaken me

Matthew 27:46

Around the ninth hour, Jesus shouted in a loud voice, saying "Eli Eli lama sabachthani?" which is, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

Mark 15:34

And at the ninth hour, Jesus shouted in a loud voice, "Eloi Eloi lama sabachthani?" which is translated, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

This saying is traditionally called "The Word of Abandonment" and is the only saying that appears in more than one Gospel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sayings_of_Jesus_on_the_cross#My_God.2C_my_God.2C_why_have_you_forsaken_me

• sd-7
    sd-7

If there is a God...then has he not taught us all to KNOW OUR ROLES and SHUT OUR MOUTHS? Absolutely, he has, my brothers! He has taught us WELL! Let's all read what the Bible says about him, "THE ROCK! Perfect is his justice!" So do ya smell what he's cookin'? [Drops microphone] ['The Rock' theme blares out of speakers]

--sd-7

• tec
    tec

Please read my post...I did not even infer that YOU believed in the trinity.

That is fine. I just clarified.

Pain can cause doubt, most especially extreme torture and pain.

In his moment of pain, thinking he had been forsaken, Christ did not blame God, He did not curse God, he did not curse the people who had tortured and executed Him. He lived what He taught... as He had been taught... even to His death, and even through the worse of His pain, the most he did was ask why have you forsaken me? The last test/accusation of the adversary... that Christ would curse God if He thought God had forsaken Him. But Christ did no such thing... defeating the adversary completely. The experience shows us that we need not doubt that God has forsaken US either, even though others are causing us pain... because He has not.

Perhaps it was not for you to get though, but someone else.

Peace,

tammy

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

Tammy,

Your explanation just makes me think that God is even more of a douche than I thought he was. Thanks for clarifying it for me.

zed

• tec
    tec

What explanation are you referring to? You misunderstood me from earlier. Perhaps you have again. Or perhaps I have poorly explained something?

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit