If there is a God . . .

by zed is dead 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

Tater - You are assuming all and everything is evil?

and you are assuming everything is good?... I'm not assuming anything, just making an argument, you can't prove anything about the mind of GOD..from what we've seen thus far.. but I remind 99.9% of all life HE created, HE has wiped of the face of the earth thus far.. how loving and good... Or mean and evil?

@ Donny thats what I've been saying... myriads and myriads of Messengers(angels).. yet never a message to be heard... but wait here is a bible, the first one to figure it all out wins..

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

There was a TV show here in the UK called 'Derek'. One of the characters said something along the lines of praying doesn't make any difference. He'd prayed for things he needed and didn't get them and got things he hadn't prayed for.

This is true. Prayer doesn't work.

We can't keep making excuses and allowing get out clauses for an imaginary friend in the sky just because we want to believe in him.

Life is sh1t and god hasn't helped anyone or lifted a finger EVER.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Zed - let's drink to randomness

• tec
    tec

Tammy said that "The Gospel writers knew jesus or heard about him from those that knew him".
    I don't think you will find a decent sized group of independent, impartial N.T scholars who agree with that statement.

I do not think there are any scholars who would agree that they made it up out of thin air, either.

Tammy missed the point of the lifeguard example, the Lifeguard is appointed to save lives on the beach, so has the power, no one is stopping him, he chooses to let some drown.
    God is that lifeguard, he has the power, but chooses to let drowning/ murder etc happen, are you really going to use the "freewill " argument Tammy?

I did not miss the point. It just does not apply. And yes, I am going to use the 'freewill' argument. God teaches, he also helps those who belong to Him through His Son (and he is NOT obligated to do more than that; other than what HE already did, which was teach and give life...) Still, God does all he can to give us a way out or a way back from the messes we have created... but He does not force Himself upon us.

That would mean god can never intervene, it would also mean that he is not Almighty (All powerful) as he is restricted by our free will.

He does give us our choice... that is what WE want. Even the Isrealites... they wanted a king like other nations. He told them, this is a bad thing, here is what a king will do to you... but they wanted it, and they got it. Then everything God warned them about came to pass.

Who is actually to blame?

The same people crying out about the freewill argument, would be crying out if God infringed upon their free will.

So, you have a god who cannot act when he should, and when his love should move him to, so his quality of love is very weak, why should anyone respect him ?

Do you know when or how he SHOULD act better than HE knows? This world is exactly as mankind has made it. Mankind is responsible. God could step in today, but it is not going to stop the same people from doing the same things tomorrow, or the next day, or the next millenia.

What do you propose that He do?

Because i will suggest that no matter what He does, some will find fault.

Some blame Him for not stepping in and putting an end to all the bad or people causing harm. Those same people call him a monster when HE does just that... fire from heaven against all those who are riding out to destroy/harm an innocent and peaceful people.

Any normal human parent does more for their children than god does for his. Human society restricts the free will of murderers , god cannot.

Of course He can, and does more. It is just not on the same level. Not that our way seems to be freeing the world of murderers, or pain, or suffering. We're the ones setting the environment for all those things to take root to begin with, sometimes by the injustices that we mete out to others. So we're the ones who need to take responsibility, rather than blame God for not cleaning up after us.

Peace,

tammy

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

Hasa Diga Eebowai!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm6MowcttHc

Thank you, AK-Jeff.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Semantics. I did not specify past or future. (and I am not playing word games with you, EP, or arguing over words with you)

Whatever. Why is it you get REALLY REALLY specific and then when it's time to show your cards, you run away from the very specifics you were making?

We're the ones setting the environment for all those things to take root to begin with, sometimes by the injustices that we mete out to others.

Uh oh, sounds like you haven't read your Bible. What you say does not jive with what the Bible says God did.

• tec
    tec

Whatever. Why is it you get REALLY REALLY specific and then when it's time to show your cards, you run away from the very specifics you were making?

Refresh my memory?

peace,

tammy

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

I am not Hitler. I am offended by tec's assertion that it is my fault god isn't helping me because I am an asshole, or mete out injustice to others.

She can smeg off too.

zed

• tec
    tec

I am offended by tec's assertion that it is my fault god isn't helping me because I am an asshole, or mete out injustice to others.

That is not my assertion. Not even close.

My assertion is that we do not get to blame God for the things that man does to harm us or to harm others.

Nor for the consequences of the choices that we have made. Neither God nor Christ told me to go to the wts. I chose to do that. The mistakes that I have personally made in my life that have brought harm to myself or to others have come from me NOT listening to Christ and God. So I cannot blame them for what I have done.

Peace,

tammy

• tec
    tec

Uh oh, sounds like you haven't read your Bible. What you say does not jive with what the Bible says God did.

Actually, it does jive.

But even if not... I am sure that you know by now that it is Christ - the Word of God - I listen TO. He is the one who opens eyes and ears so as to be able to see and hear... Him, and also the scriptures.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit