THE GLADIATOR

"And about 30,000 others......pick yours....or not."

Thanks but I'd rather pick my nose!

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

If there is it's got a strange agenda

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Tammy oh Tammy, you know the bit about Him being the creator is nonsense, and "sending Christ" ? who is this "Christ" ? The christ that Paul spoke of ? (not necessarily or provably Jesus of Nazareth) or some other christ ?

The Jesus of nazareth figure is an invention of the Gospel writers, not an historical figure.

So, what act of love has God done ..... really ? That we can prove ?

Apart from all that, one act of good does not negate all the evil, and all the lack of action.

If I, as a Lifeguard, on several occasions, let one after the other person drown, but eventually stir my stumps and save someone, does that wipe out all the other times I did nothing and let people drown ?

A god to be worthy of worship, or even respect, has to be all-poweful, and loving.

When a ten year old boy was strung up by SS Guards in a concentration camp in WW2 and he took 30 minutes to die as other prisoners were forced tp watch,

what was your loving god doing ? Thinking about an act in the future that would wipe out his inaction ?

• Tater-T
    Tater-T
    To counter that God is pure evil, one need only show one single act of love on his behalf.

so to counter God is all Goodness, one only need only show one single act of hate on his behalf..

it doesn't work

• tec
    tec

so to counter God is all Goodness, one only need only show one single act of hate on his behalf..

Makes sense. But you won't find such an act. The only thing you will find are suppositions and guesses and accusations... none of which can be proven to have come from God.

We, however, do have life... so like i said, that speaks for itself.

Tammy oh Tammy, you know the bit about Him being the creator is nonsense, and "sending Christ" ? who is this "Christ" ? The christ that Paul spoke of ? (not necessarily or provably Jesus of Nazareth) or some other christ ?

No, I do not know that it is nonsense, lol. Nor does it matter to the point I addressed to Tater, because his point assumed the existence of a god... only that this god was pure evil.

There is only one Christ... regardless of how people interpret him.

The Jesus of nazareth figure is an invention of the Gospel writers, not an historical figure.

The gospel writers wrote of the one they knew or heard about from others who knew Him. He was not invented.

So, what act of love has God done ..... really ? That we can prove ?

Please read that my words were in counter of an assumption that God did exist, on his nature.

Apart from all that, one act of good does not negate all the evil, and all the lack of action.

One act of good negates an accusation of pure evil. There are no acts of evil that God commits. There are only acts of evil that some assign TO God. (which someone who does not believe in God also knows this to be a lie)

If I, as a Lifeguard, on several occasions, let one after the other person drown, but eventually stir my stumps and save someone, does that wipe out all the other times I did nothing and let people drown ?

If you, as a lifeguard, were not welcome on someone's beach... then you did not allow anyone to drown to begin with. If you shouted out to people to go and help those who were drowning, and these ones were also restricted from the beach, then again, you did not allow those people to be drowned to begin with.

A god to be worthy of worship, or even respect, has to be all-poweful, and loving.

Okay... but part of what He has given us is freedom... to do or not to do as we choose, including not listening to Him. That does not mean there are no consequenes to our choices... all actions have consequence, be those good or bad. As for our children, they come into the world that WE made for THEM.

When a ten year old boy was strung up by SS Guards in a concentration camp in WW2 and he took 30 minutes to die as other prisoners were forced tp watch,
    what was your loving god doing ? Thinking about an act in the future that would wipe out his inaction ?

He was not the one stringing up that child, nor the one encouraging it, nor the one 'going along with' it out of fear or apathy.

That war and that deed was an act of man hurting his fellow man.

God is the one who gives life, and can do so - even eternal life - to that child (through His Son). He does not forget that child and others like him... but man is the one who took the life of that child away from him, as man has always done, past and present, and future.

Peace,

tammy

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Zed- Hang in there!!! I just reponded to your 'sob' story. Unbelieveable!!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Tammy, I cannot respond to your last post just now, Mrs Phizzy has tasks for me to to perform, and she is "SHE< who must be obeyed" if you know your Rider Haggard, or indeed Rumpole of the Bailey, suffice to say, I am otherwise engaged.

I will respond though, because your arguments are both disingenuous and fallacious.

• tec
    tec

Tammy, I cannot respond to your last post just now, Mrs Phizzy has tasks for me to to perform, and she is "SHE< who must be obeyed" if you know your Rider Haggard, or indeed Rumpole of the Bailey, suffice to say, I am otherwise engaged.
    I will wait patiently then ;) Peace, tammy
  • EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

To counter that God is pure evil, one need only show one single act of love on his behalf.

I can think of many, but we can start simply with creation of life, and the hope and offer of eternal life. I cannot prove the second to you, but the first speaks for itself. (What we do with that life given us is up to us)

You did say show one, not say one happened. So, let's see one happen right now. I need to see God doing something nice, as per your rules.

• tec
    tec

Semantics. I did not specify past or future. (and I am not playing word games with you, EP, or arguing over words with you)

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit