Satanus

I liked it.

S

• d
    d

I thought it was a very good movie.

• TD
    TD

I enjoyed it too. The chase scene on the runway was a little silly (Given that the top speed of a 60's era Mercedes Unimog was about 60 mph) but it did add to the tension.

• new22day
    new22day

It was a good movie but (speaking of Watchtower) it wasn't true. It was a distorted version of history. The truth is this was a Canadian plan and the Canucks put their own butts on the line to save the Americans.

Check out what Jimmy Carter, who was President at the time, had to say about Argo and what really happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr5XJ8dbJtg

• Dagney
    Dagney

I liked it.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

new22day , do you think it is the job of Films or books that are fictional versions of events to be accurate historically ? they would be very very boring if we insisted on that.

The only problem is that the fictional version goes in to the minds of the public and they think it is true, but ,

that's entertainment !

I haven't seen Argo yet, but will soon no doubt, I like this kind of thing, despite the historical inaccuracies.

• TD
    TD
    It was a good movie but (speaking of Watchtower) it wasn't true. It was a distorted version of history. The truth is this was a Canadian plan and the Canucks put their own butts on the line to save the Americans.

Carter is interviewed after the credits in the actual movie as well. I think a fuller picture emerges when the two interviews are put together.

But I agree with what you're saying. I haven't seen a drama in recent years that wasn't scrambled around in some way. I enjoyed The Blind Side, for example, but the reality is Michael Oher was a star player at Briarcrest before the Tuohy's took him in.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I haven’t seen it. But Roger Zelanzy was one of my favorite authors and it was his book Lord of Light that was the movie they were feigning to adapt. So I might see it one day.

• Satanus
    Satanus

If they made a canadian the hero, who would watch it, other than some canadians? I don't expect total accuracy in movies. Most americans will accept the movie verson of the incident, and never learn of the real truth. It's kind of our canadian nature to work quietly, in the background, i guess.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit