Out with a bang....plus Elders (Gestapo) visit....

by TheApostleAK 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

wow ... well done on taping it BTW: I would encourage everyone to do this when they have any dealings with elders as they can and will lie about what was said - having your own record like this that they can't argue with is an essential protection IMHO.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    TRANSLATION: In short, now that I have begun thinking for myself, I have decided to become a disciple of Ray Franz. LOL / You Know

Amazing how some so brainwashed and led around by the nose seem to think that those of us who left still need to be led around by the nose.

What is more amazing is how many of us left and have stayed gone, yet have never read anything by Ray Franz or any other "Apostate."

Oh well, I guess when your arguments are as thin as theirs, all you have to rely on is personal attacks and a feeble attempt at disguising them as humor.

Thank you, You Know, for reinforcing my decision to DA myself from your hypocritical and unloving organization.

If God's Spirit is filling a Kingdom Hall, how is it that Satan can manuever the ones within that Kingdom Hall at the same time?

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

((((((((((((((apostleAK)))))))))))))

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Hi Alan, How are you feeling in yourself? It's a pretty big deal yeah? You seem to have a good command of current WT beliefs and have made an excellent account of yourself. It's a very frustrating business because at the end of the day they aren't interested in logic or points of view. Anything rational you say is passed off as the thoughts of Satan. How can you argue with that?

Anyway I just wanted to add my appreciation for the effort you put in and applaud you for your stand.

Marilyn

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Congrats Alan.

I think I prefer your letter to mine. I'm pleased it was able to help in any way.
    Well done in getting it all taped - love to hear it sometime.

You've got to be feeling a little wrung out at the moment, as well as elated. Feel free to email, if you would like to talk.

Well done, and as someone once told me:
    No advice except rejoice!
    The first day of the rest of your life, my brother!

• anewperson
    anewperson

Why not mail some copies of your letter to "the friends."

• Prisca
    Prisca

AK, Just a few questions......

Here http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=4561&site=3 you said the elders refused to let you get baptised. That thread was dated April 19, 2001.

Here's your summary of your witness life: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=5101&site=3 where you admit to never being baptised, and that you were a publisher for a year and a half.

So why go to the trouble of disassociating yourself when you weren't even baptised?

But then, in your letter to the BOE you make this request:

I would also like to have a copy of my congregational records as well as a copy of my baptism video.
    You've obviously distanced yourself from your original cong for at least a year, and you even boasted of giving the elders a fake address in April 2001 to send your publisher records to.http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=5032&site=3

So in the last 12 months, did you suddenly have a change in lifestyle so much so that the BOE (in whichever cong you're now in) decided to let you get baptised?

And in that time, you realised you made a silly mistake whilst studying some JW doctrines more in depth?

Could the real AK please stand up?

P.S. Seen any yowies lately?

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

This guys so full of holes they should call him a sieve.
    Hes baptized, Hes not baptized, hes DA,hes run away to live with a worldly girl. Hes got baptized, hes DA again.Hes an "antichrist" but they didnt actually sayt "antichrist' Hes ....hes a nut.

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi Alan, All,

When a person is on the defensive, they will use one of three tactics, or all three. This is very typical of the Watch Tower Corporation's agents, the elders.

1. They personally attack the messenger, i.e. name calling, labeling, condemning. If the messenger can be discredited, so can the message.

2. They will question the messenger's motives. If the motive is not agreeable, neither is the message.

3. They will question the messenger's sources. That is to cast doubt on the message . . . . This tactic is called poisoning the well.

These are all straw men and serve to divert attention away from the real issue.

Thanks for sharing the experience. Hope all goes well.

gb

• Francois
    Francois

Very good letter. The high point and main purpose is that you're out. Go guy!

Must note that apostates serve the same purpose in the JWs as did the Jews to Hitler: a common enemy for the R & F to engage in "group hate." It's a unifying agent, a glue, that helps the organization stay together. It gives them a sense of belonging, this common enemy. Apostates serve a necessary and useful function with the JWs. We are every bit as important to them as any R & F member. Without us, their "glue" would be weeker. And because of this, even though we're shunned, our relationship with them is as powerful as that of the most dedicated publisher. And this is a typical characteristic of each and every cult.

Remember the Jim Jones cult? Their common enemy was the political organization, including law enforcement, of the US government. And they fled from the government to South America. And when it seemed the long arm of US law enforcement was soon to follow the visit of the congressman from their district, they were so unified by their group hate that they willingly engaged in mass suicide.

Off to the mother ship!!!

JWs are so transparently a cult, I can't see how any thinking person would bother to deny it.

Anyway, I digress. Congrats again. You've done the right thing.

Francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit