FAIRNESS, Does Kent Know the Word?

by IslandWoman 25 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

OK IW why do you keep hammering this? Did you know that even a turd will stop smelling, if you quit stepping in it?

LB Not of the drama queen class

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I've known Kent for quite some time, and I've been a member of several of his previous DBs. He can sometimes (okay, frequently) be extremely brash to the point of rudeness. That doesn't take away from the fact that he has done a lot of good for the ex-JW community, and it doesn't mean that I should boycott his boards.

I have the greatest respect for Simon. He is a true gentleman and has been wonderfully kind to set up this site and maintain it for everyone. He and Kent are on opposite sides of the spectrum. Both of them are great individuals.

However, I don't choose a DB because of, or in spite of, the owner of that DB. I post because I find subjects interesting, and because there are people there (or there) that I consider friends.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I just don't understand the "war" mentality.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

IW; I'm sorry you still feel it's neccesary to determine an absolute right and wrong.

I personally feel very few people came out of that debacle smelling of roses, but think it's best to accentuate the positive and move along.

Obviously you are free to express yourself as you see fit, but I don't see any benefit coming of it. People were right, people were wrong, most people were a bit of both, and I post on both boards rather than being forced to choose who my friends are.

All the best.

• Francois
    Francois

Well Island Woman, you asked for honest answers and you got them; even from the mouth of "babes." (Go, Bitter Mango).

I'd give it a rest if I were you.

FT

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Who cares, double who cares, triple who cares.

ashi

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi IW:

I understand your comments because some people were more hurt by the last big flame war where Kent interjected himself. Depending on the individual feelings and relationships involved dictates how we each react and the time needed to move on.

Billy Goat is correct, Kent did put a nice web site together, and has done a good job of compiling BOE letters, etc. Very talented individual. I just wish he would have taken a more fair look at both sides of the flame wars before he lashed out with a continuous stream of foul, filth, filth, foul, foul. So, I can see where he left some stunned and hurt, and it will take them more time to get beyond what took place. I think too that a lot happened to various people in private email that is not seen here in the open.

Other than the effect it had on some here, I personally don't care too much what he does, whether he posts here again or not. I would post on his Forum, except that I do not feel welcome there.

I just hope that Kent, and those who were pissed off at many of us here will find peace, and continue their own growth, whatever that means for them. Reconciliation would be nice, as I considered Kent one of the team, and someone I generally liked. But, the ball is in his court to decide if he wants to do that. I think the many apology posts initiated by Flower at least showed that the majority here are willing to do that.

I think LB, Bitter Mango and others are generally correct in urging us to let it die ... at least for the majority. At the same time, some discussion helps, because in fact we do care ... I felt terrible when they all left. While I strongly disagreed with some of the inane and unsupported allegations some of them made, at the same time, I miss their participation; I miss what I thought were friends, and I miss the past where we felt s close sense of being a team, even if we all were not personally close.

I suspect they care too, or they would not have exhibited the degree of anger and angst they did. Well, let's hope that one day, before we all leave this life that we and they can come to some understanding and resluition and closure ... and regain what we lost.

Following Bible principles, we will avoid trying to live - or demand others to live - by an extensive and rigid set of dos and don'ts that go beyond the teachings of the Bible. The Watchtower, 4-15-02, pg 22, pp 15

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Those who do not allow their wounds to heal are liable to leave a bleeding trail wherever they go.....

Let the reader use discernment....lol

• Amazing
    Amazing

Good point HS:

"Those who do not allow their wounds to heal are liable to leave a bleeding trail wherever they go....."

I suppose one must bleed some before the blood clots and forms a protective scab. The sting and pain remain, and suddenly strike a hurt when the wound is affected by normal motion. The wounded person sometimes needs to prognosticate the event several times before forgetting about it. Then in time the wound heals, the scab falls off, and eventually the shinny new skin fades, and the wound is no longer discernable.

Following Bible principles, we will avoid trying to live - or demand others to live - by an extensive and rigid set of dos and don'ts that go beyond the teachings of the Bible. The Watchtower, 4-15-02, pg 22, pp 15

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Amazing and HS,

I appreciate your comments. I would though like to make it clear that my criticisms of Kent have nothing to do with "wounds" or any other kind of hurting. Kent did nothing to me. Actually, I like the guy!

I just happen to disagree with the way he sat down on H20 and on this site. I disagree that's all, no hidden "hurt" why should there be?

I respect the guy just as I also respect others here but that does not mean I will always agree with them. I recognize the value of letting things go; I also appreciate the value of this medium which, thanks to Simon, allows me to speak my mind.

Thanks for the sensible comments!
    IW

• Farkel
    Farkel

Island Woman,

: I would appreciate honest answers, please.

Kent's a pretty cool guy. I know. I've talked to him a number of times. Like all of us, he has some faults, but overall he cares a whole bunch about people and works tirelessly (and without any pay) to provide information for the people he cares about.

I care too. And so do you. Leave the rest up to God, ok? We're all circling this spaceship called Earth and it's a pretty small spaceship these days with the Internet and all. It's time to come together despite all our differences. God would not want it any other way, ya think?

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit