Who has been out the longest?

by Beans 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

OHHHHH, you meant out of the Borg, not out of the closet. never mind.

YERUSALYIM
    "Vanity! It's my favorite sin!"
    [Al Pacino as Satan, in "DEVIL'S ADVOCATE"]

• Kep
    Kep

We have some real veterans here.
    I've been out since 1995. Went to 1 meeting in the new town I lived only coz the speaker was a customer of mine.
    Don't miss is at all.

• Sabine
    Sabine

Memorial 2000 was the last time I step foot in a kingdom hall. We were visiting Hawaii and went to the local hall. We had been very irregular six months prior to this. Well, even in friendly Hawaii, we still saw the typical cliques, especially divided between the "local" bros. and the white brothers. And as is typical, the sisters were just checking out my clothes and jewelry, but not bothering to introduce themselves.

Well, they did me a big favor, because I had been thinking if we relocated and found a "loving" congregation, things might be different...I still kick myself for it having taken so long for me to realize their brand of conditional love is the same everywhere.

• Yadira Angelini
    Yadira Angelini

I have never been JW; it is refreshing to read how you are all doing. Congratulations!!! ah! one more thing! Didn't Amazing promised to close his story by May? His 10 year anniversary? I can't wait for my JW to say the same....

Love,

Yadira

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((Sabine)))

Hey how are you??!! I'm not glad you had a bad experience in Hawaii, but it doesn't surprise me. Especially the thing about "locals" versus the "haoles". They say they're the most loving modern day organization with no color boundaries. Yeah right! Coming from a bi-racial set of parents, I could see that lie at a young, young age. My dad, being as white as white can get (he's from Missouri) made that racial line bright and clear to me when I was about 8 years old.

Andi

• seedy3
    seedy3

Ok OK, just for you Englishman, I'll loose the Hula girls, well........ I'll find some different ones. I liked them because they went with my Tropical island home, as in Hawaii they do the island dancing here at a lot of the parties. BUT I'll find some new ones

Seedy

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

I began the fade right after I was married in 1976. I attended one memorial when my daughter was about one year old, which would put it around 1981 or 82. Aside from my mother's funeral talk in 1993, that was my last time at a Kingdom Hall.

• Beans
    Beans

I love hearing all these exit stories as I have always wondered how and when everyone else faired at there time of departure!
    We have veterans and rookies!
    I think the Rookies should do PAGAN acts of initiation!!!
    Beans

• Solace
    Solace

I was raised a J.W. and began learning the truth about the organization about 2 years ago. When my grandparents pased away I started to study the bible without the Watchtower. "Bad girl", huh??
    I noticed a discrepancy in the N.W.T. bible and the rest is history.
    I can honestly say that I have learned more in the last two years than during my entire life in the organization. I cant say it has been all pleasant but it has been enlightening.

• saltiest
    saltiest

I was raised a JW but that doesn't mean I believe everything I was taught. I think around age seven is when I really despised my mom taking me out in service, taking me to the meetings, etc., because I didn't believe anything especially since my dad didn't go to the meetings but still preached it all.

Oh yeah, what really set me off and, when I really knew "the truth" was just a load of bull, was when I wasn't allowed to join the choir in sixth grade because it met before school and that was extra time with "worldy association". It's probably a good thing I never told my parents the song I sang to get into the choir (and got me accepted) was "God Bless America".

I'd say I official left in 1995, when I was 18 and stopped going to any meetings. I'd only attended them sporadicly the two years before, so my parents just stopped asking if I was going.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit