Who has sayings of everlasting life?

by Pepper 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Pepper
    Pepper

Despite all the problems I have had with many people in the Jehovah's Witness's religion, I would not know the basic truths that I have learned if it were not for Jehovah's Witness's.
    The hope that learned, I still have; though I no longer attend the meetings I miss the meetings, personal and family problems that really no one other than God him self can fully understand at that time so many years ago.
    I know now that I have atemped in the past to haave the brothers and sisters to understand what I my self could not grasp about my problems that perplexed me beyond what i could deal with.
    Sense that time I have also learned that it really is Jehovah that I should render my service to and no one else, it him I must fuloly rely on for aid compleatly not humans.

Thanks, Pepper

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Welcome to this board Pepper. You have the opportunity here to make many new friends. We hope that you will stick around for a long time and learn from the many very smart folks here. And lets us hear from you again from time to time – let us know what is on your mind.

Kind regards,

Sam Beli

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted. Solomon

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Hello Pepper,

You are right, we have learned a lot from the Witnesses.

The personal and family problems you refer to are probably problems others here will relate to, but you do not need to share those until you are ready.

Many here have had "problems ..with many people in the Jehovah's Wtiness's religion" myself included.

So go ahead and share your griefs, keep relying on God. Look through the posts for loving support. You will find it.

Jst2laws

• Beans
    Beans

Here are some answers for you http://www.Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com/

Beans

• ISP
    ISP

What are the 'basic truths', Pepper? Virtually everything has been changed! Think about it! The Jws have a patched up belief system...that goes beyond belief now! What did you make of the 'generation' re-take? That had been the main stay of WTS end time belief for decades...but got ditched in 1995...for a simplistic dictionary definition of the word 'generation'!

ISP

• Stacey
    Stacey

Your perception is all that you really know. You have been taught to be afraid of what you dont know. You have fear of opening your mind to anything but what has been drummed into your brain from your family, friends and your religion. And that is okay. We are all who we are from our past. Some of us hold onto that forever, and some of us move on and grow and change.

There is so much out there to wonder about. If you chose to still believe the one and only thing that you know, then that will be your life. It is scary to let go of all you know. If you can open your mind and make a choice to ask questions, that maybe have no clear cut answers, then maybe you will see something that you never thought possible. Life is really not black and white, or cut and dry. There is not one simple answer for all mankind. We must each chose our own path through this place called life.

All I can say is that there is no one place to receive "sayings of everlasting life". None of us will know that ellusive "truth" until our life is over, if we find out at all. Until then, we can all only live off of the experiences that we've had in our lives. We can gather from people around us, from nature, from all religions and ideas. If we refuse to gather from any source but one, then we are shut into our own dark world.

Enjoy your search, or enjoy staying put.

Best to you,
    Stacey

• Pepper
    Pepper

Basic truths to me have been knowing that God does have a name, so many religions see him as only Jesus only or refuse to call him by an accepted name at all apart from all others; really that is the first step to comuication with any relationship.
    Hope for the dead is one more, no one has come back from the dead that I have personaly spoken with so I tend to still trust what i have learned from the Witness's; these at present are my most concerning issues
    As for the Witness's changeing their veiws on matters I wish they wouldn't do that, but there are no inspired people theses days my own good sense tells me this.
    My gut feeling tells me that some how God is useing this group though from my perspective they don't seem very connected to all his thoughts in all issues.
    Its a weird and painfull life most of lead, some much more than others; I will not know the full porpose and out workinng of God untill he does something drastic in this world. The Witness's are imperfect in a sick and impefect world,what I learned from being apart from them is its ok to say this things and God will fix eveything in his due time, trusting that he will has giving me peace that I did not have really before. Pepper

• hooberus
    hooberus

Who has sayings of everlasting life?

Jesus Christ.

The passage you quoted John 6:68 is talking about Jesus Christ. The disciples said that HE has the sayings of everlasting life. The passage is not talking about an "organization" but a person - Jesus Christ - who is the way, the truth, and the life (John 14:6). Jesus's truth never changes (Hebrews 13:8). Unlike the watchtower's "truth"

• Satanus
    Satanus

The wt isn't the only religion w 'saying of everlasting life'. Christendom has had this from the beginning. Also eastern religions, such as taoist, hindu, buddhist also teach this. Actualy, the wt believes it less than the others. As you must know, most of the others believe that the soul is immortal to start with.

As far as giving god a name, did you know that the name 'jehovah' is totally missing from the new testament? The hallaluljah in revelation doesn't count. In fact, 'jehovah' was invented by the catholic church in the year 1270 (aide book pg 885). See, the wt just copies what it like from the catholic church?? Yahweh is the correct pronunciation, but that isn't in the new testement at all. Yhwh is the old testement god. Jesus is the new testement god. Check it out.

SS

• thewiz
    thewiz

Topic: Who has sayings of everlasting life?

it sure ain't here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit