Introduction - longtime visitor

by momentofsurrender 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• manthedan
    manthedan

Greetings and welcome. I can relate to you in some ways about the holiday/birthday doctrine. Having children opened this question. I too was plagued with armageddon fear for time even after I left; it wasn't until I accepted death and wanting to live the happiest life until then that helped me to overcome this fear. So keep researching doctrine and yourself is my advice. The elders told me on my departure to get ready to see my children executed if I didn't return and my marriage to dissolve....2 years later we're still here alive and happy. My best wishes and pm me anytime.

• finally awake
    finally awake

Welcome! this is a great place to learn all about the lies and manipulation the WTBTS engages in. The truth about the "truth" will set you free.

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome.

The armageddon nightmares will subside in time. It sounds like you had hard time growing up in the cult.

Its good to hear you have the support of a non-JW hubby.

Best wishes

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hello and welcom MoS. That was a lovely introductory post. I'm glad you're out and finding a new life. Yes there are losses, for some more than others, but freedom and unconditional love and friendship are wonderful compensations.

Loz x

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Welcome to the forum momentofsurrender

In concerning becoming aware of the corruption of this religious publishing cult, its certainly easier than was in the past

pre inter-net. Mind you all of the unhealthy mental aspirations that this religion imposes onto people are still there as they were decades ago.

• Pterist
    Pterist

Welcome and greetings from Florida ....

God will not judge us by official organizational teachings, however, but by our true heart and life in view of our opportunities and the light we had. I always fear that one who is quick to condemn others based on their inability to correctly articulate scriptural teaching just might be trusting in his or her own doctrinal accuracy for salvation rather than trusting solely and wholly in Jesus Christ who is the Way, the Truth and the Life.

http://www.edwardfudge.com/gracemails/jehovahs_witnesses.html

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome here, glad life is working out, keep your kids safe from the 'doctrines'.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome, stick around and you will get over your fears.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

MomentofSurrender, Welcome! It is so nice to have you join us.

Just Lois

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Put your feet up and stay a while................

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit