wow that just hit me like a ton of bricks

by cptkirk 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

it just hit me why none of you have a clue as to who i am or what to make of me. you are all completely foreigners LOL...wow that is like crazy as shit. most of you have not even a clue as to east coast hardcore new york philly personality types, esp of xy generation. that is shit load of weight off my shoulders, felt like i was in the twilight zone and then woke up and realized I AM IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE hahahaha. most of you are canadians and brits australians hahahaha.....baby boomers, fuck me. wow. yea so anyway,sorry but i figured this was common information. the hardcore people from philly new york boston virgina/dc run the world. and us xy geners are the offspring of them who grew up with death metal and gangster rap music. wow, i feel like i've been reborn, this was depressing the shit out of me.

• LostGeneration
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Glad you figured that out. I am from the Bread-basket of the US. I am related to Presidents of the United States. I have well known ancestors who made names for themselves in just about every war ever fought. My family has a colorful heritage dating back to England and were movers and shakers too.

I have come to realize that we all tend to think of ourselves as some kind of enigma to others, when in reality, we are not. I have a close family member from the East Coast ( by marriage ). He also assumed he was an enigma to us poor mid-western bumpkins, and was always trying to get us to see the mystery that was him. My 90 year old G-Ma had him deciphered in 5 minutes.

The truth is, none of us are that different, or as hardcore as we believe. We are all pretty much the same. Realizing that all of us share more in common than we think is liberating. It has helped my break away from my tendency to be an isolationist. Now I can can sit down and talk to anyone, young, old, gay, straight, black or white. It's great!

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

i could explain it, but it would take too long. it all started with the media though. they portrayed to the world that the rich and powerful were somehow just a bunch of fxxx knobs who inherited their money and were completely and totally incompetent. not realizing these people created the world that we live in and sure there are some failures, but that is the exception. it is what started this entire social iconoclast. there was a crash, it was bad, but things would be much worse if you pull the carpet out on the people who gave you your wonderful middle class to begin with. the whole social atmosphere right now is built from that one concept.

yes of course, i am speaking for the majority though, there are obviously exceptions on the op. there are two things at work, the first thing in the paragraph above which most people aren't even aware of, they aren't even aware of the faact that they are conditioned to behave this way and that it is the current zeitgeist and they do not even realize how much peril they are putting themselves in.

Edited for language, posting guideline 3. - jgnat

• tec
    tec

I am sorry. I also do not know what you are talking about. But then, I am one of those Canadians ;)

Are you saying that it is cool not to be treated as a certain economic stereotype?

Peace,

tammy

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

i'm saying that there was a huge loss of respect for authority in general. this continues in a social atmosphere of tearing down , tearing down, making these absolutely moronic stereotypes (that one jackass in all of history emanated) and then attaching that stereotype then to every single leader or person that even smells like him. who called bush satan? who died the other day? leaders are always thugs, you have to be, this notion that these soapy leaders are going to standup and everyone will hail them is bs. we will have this big liberal committee where everyone speaks very mannery and nice and they rule the world, it is such a fairy tale. and, it will lead us to complete destruction.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    I am related to Presidents of the United States.

Were you born in Kenya?

Rub a Dub

• jgnat
    jgnat

A quote from Albert Schweitzer (1875-1965), from "Out of My Life and Thought"

"The organized political social, and religious associations of our time are at work convincing the individual not to develop his own convictions through his own thinking but to assimilate the ideas they present to him. Any man who thinks for himself is to them inconvenient and even ominous.

...Corporate bodies....try to achieve the greatest possible uniformity....

Man today is exposed throughout his life to influences that try to rob him of all confidence in his own thinking....

The spirit of the age never lets him find himself...

...man of today is forced in to skepticism about his own thinking, so that he may become receptive to what he receives from authority. He cannot resist this influence because he is overworked, distracted, and incapable of concentrating....modern man no longer has any confidence in himself. Behind a self-assured exterior he conceals an inner lack of confidence. In spite of his great technogical achievements and material possessions, he is an altogether stunted being because he makes no use of his capacity for thinking....To renounce thinking is to declare mental bankruptcy....

To blindly accept a truth one has never reflected upon rewards the advance of reason. Our world rots in deceit. Our very attempt to manipulate truth itself brings us to the brink of disaster."

Schweitzer goes on to say that once institutions let the skepticism genie out of the bottle, first convincing society that it cannot govern itself, that skepticism runs rampant, and people have no faith in the institutions who purport to serve them.

• cptkirk
    cptkirk

i think our friends and allies to the north are just really somehow detached on this, not sure what goes on there, but i do know they do not know what goes on in our central regions of power.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here in Canada we are bombarded with American media. You may not know much about us but believe me, we know all about you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit