Re: Will you attend the Memorial this year? Why? Why not?

by check 46 Replies latest jw friends

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I will be going this year because it is the most important day of the year

. . . as I look foward to the day when I take that whole glass of wine and gargle with it

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Nope, we'll be living it up in sin city that day.

• justmom
    justmom

Good evening check.....

Thank you for you're response and question.

For us with regard to the memorial, Ezekiel applied more appropriately when we met with elders and then appealed their decision to disfellowshipped us. Holy Spirit directed us to share where they are false Christs and where there was doctrinal issues at the time. We all know it makes no difference with them. You cannot disagree ...

But where the example of Ezekiel comes in with regard to the memorial it is a SHOWING of how they make themselves an anti- CHRIST by passing over the body and blood of CHRIST, the provision for life, a resurrection, foregiveness, etc.. That has been offered free to ALL whether a priest or not.

To answer your questin also...since we understand ahead of time, they do not have the freedom to speak to us because they have disfellowshipped us,

what they cannot do is keep us out. It is a public meeting. We are not there to cause any disruption. Our presence says enough. You can hear a pin drop when we first partook as a family. And the whispers.....well .....you can imagine. We only attended our own congregation where most our family is...but because of the gossip and talk its like we went to all the congregations in the circuit.

We are only there in person because most never see anyone take communion. Sad isn't it. A Christian religion that has no one take communion.

As Ezekiel went on to mention. Although our flesh may tremble, our spirit remains strong. Whether they listen or refrain is not up to us to judge anyone. It is out of love for them. Surey I would want someone to show me if I was on a path to destruction. It is worth it if even ONE person receives CHRIST through it.

Thank you for listening to our story

love Justmom

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

LOL@Outlaw... I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

• justmom
    justmom

Ooh Out law...... That is quite funny .....

I think I would get more than a cherry on top though......

Ooh well The truth hurts!

Justmom

• SkyGreen
    SkyGreen

As I am a recent INACTIVE person, to keep the elders and my parents at bay and provide a bit of support for the husband, I will go this year for the last time/. And be fighting the urge to drink the wine when it comes round.... it always smells sooooo goooood.

But if either of the kids are sick, I will be graciously volunteering to stay home with them... and enjoying a bottle of wine, some cheese n crackers. (Sorry im not a chocolate milk fan and ive never seen a pop tart here in SA)

• check
    check

Hi Dismiss,

I definitely wont be doing that, lol. Thanks for your thought although off-topic.

Hi Justmom,

Thank you for sharing your story. I feel sympathy towards your situation. I cant say for sure if you are right or not as to your understanding of the bible, but it seems plausible to me. I was reading in the bible about this passover thing and its pretty simple. All he said was to eat the bread because its supposed to be his body that was given up, and drink the cup because its his blood that is poured out for forgiveness of sins. I guess if someone believes in his sacrifice, they do it by eating the bread and drinking the cup. Sounds pretty straight forward to me.

I suspect that these JW people must have "made more" of it than it really is. I dont see anywhere where it says not everyone can do it. At any rate, i do believe you might have a good point here. Now if you told the elders in your church and they didnt believe you, thats pretty much their problem, lol. The church, however, i dont believe they know and relying on those elders to tell them might not be a good idea. Elders, like anyone else (especially if they are corrupt) will probably not tell the church or tell them, but not accurately so that you look bad and they look good in their eyes.

You remember that time the guards ran and told their superiors that jesus left the tomb? And then they were told to lie? The elders in your church might have done the same thing (i wouldnt put it pass them, lol). Therefore, it would be better if you yourselves told the church people about what you know and let them make their own choice. You can show AND tell. That way they would know and can make their own informed decision. Just like how that Ezekiel character was to show and tell. You too can show them and tell them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit