Hi to EVERYONE, I LOVE being here in JWN land with y'all! & Family UPDATE

by Newly Enlightened 19 Replies latest jw friends

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome to this forum. You are sure blessed to have a husband that also recognizes the real truth.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Glad to know you're doing well!

• steve2
    steve2

Hi Newly Enlightened. I like your avatar - so positive!

As painful as our respective experiences are, the gains are more than worth it!

For me, it was developing personal integrity and learning to actually stand on my own two feet as an adult. Some people who knew me would have said, "About time you grew up" - but they didn't because, well it was by leaving that I grew up (and they were still inside like scared children).

It is a rough ride - but if we keep in mind that JWs are "just" behaving like JWs do, we come to a place of gentle acceptance more readily. It's like complaining that cats meow and dogs bark. So? Aren't they doing what they're supposed to do? JWs in large part are just doing what they've been programmed to do. Sure, it doesn't excuse them from taking personal responsibility for their harsh judgemental behaviours, but it's one way to remain a person of quiet integrity regardless of what else is happneing.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    G'ma offended that my Hubby told her Jehovah is not God's true name she is calling all our friends and family and telling them we have gone apostate.

G'ma needs to be shown that in her own church's literature. Type 'jehova martini' into the search box of the WTLib

Your Hubby needs to remember that he doesn't need to explain anything. What he has to do is show them problem literature, get them to read it to him, then shut up except to make them do the explaining and to keep them honest.

Never give a JW your opinion. Make them provide documentation for their's.

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

Well I guess the cat is out of the bag now. I guess I'll have to say my real name too....But I'm going to wait until I post the crazy messages I got from my cousin. I want to the whole world to see how judgmental JW's are and how they harass you into staying a JW. I'm hoping to have time to post it later today or at least this weekend. It's really stupid! But I will say my real name in that post. I'm tired of hiding and I can see the fake friendship I've had with these people. They are not my friends.

G...Real name coming soon!

• flipper
    flipper

NEWLY ENLIGHTENED & GOJIRA & also BROTHER OF THE HAWK- Very nice to have you here ! Keep on keeping on ! I'm one of those folks shunned by family too, yet some of my JW relatives keep in tuch. Hang in there. Don't give away ANYTHING to elders ! No need to share your real names here as it may get you into more hot water if one of your allegedly " spiritually unenlightened " JW relatives wants to lurk and cause you more anguish. You've been through enough anguish already, stay smart. WE are here for you as friends and support. Remember. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

its amazing how JW's react when a person shares an opinion. good luck in your fight.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Thank you all for making us feel welcome.

We had a very dear friend [third generation JW] come visit us for a weekend last year. I forget what we were talking about but our friend made the comment that "I do believe Christ died on a cross". It was kind of shocking to us, but we've known him long enough NOT to react like the typical JW and throw him out of our house. So we heard him out. He also showed us the cherry-picking WT had done with the Reasoning book under the sub-heading 'Cross' and how the Imperial Bible Dictionary they quote from, was cherry picked it to make it sound like the book was pro-stake, when it actually is pro-cross.

Hallejah! [Yes, I'm trying to be funny] We felt that if they lied about that, what else have they lied about? So we just started asking him a million questions and poured over our bibles.

That was all it took for Hubby & I both. 1 weekend and together. So I am so thankful that we both could see it together because I see so many on here that are losing mates & children.

The next weekend we went to see our daughter & her hubby, took them out to lunch and just started telling them some of the more pronounced things we had learned. My son-in-law looked like he was going to lose his lunch.

But they could see it right away and confessed that they both had, had doubts about JW teachings their entire lives.

Hallejah! Our kids came out with us. They were the most important ones we wanted to reach. The G'ma's we've tried but the choice is theirs.

• Gojira_101
    Gojira_101

I understand where you are coming from Flipper, but at this point all the people who I thought were important to me have already shunned me without me coming out and saying I'm an evil apostate....the shunning has happened on me being Inactive....and mind you, inactive for a health problem.

As far as the elders....we had just changed congregations before my parents talked to my hubby and I, and we had only gone to 2 meetings I think...I don't even think the elders know where we live (we actually live in a different cong territory). They have our phone number, but we just ignore their phone calls. The elders have no power or control over us...plus what more can they do to us? We've already lost most of our so-called friends and family.....oooohhh, they can df us....Oh I'm so scared.....They have no power or authority, so who cares what they say or do. My husband and I are not playing their game anymore. PERIOD.

As a side thing, we do live in a gated Apt complex, we have to let them in and if they found their way in (like sneaking in behind another car), we can call the cops for trespassing because it's posted on the gate!!!! HEHEHEHEHE...Oh yes, if they come, I will be calling the police. If the elders start harassing us...oh yes I'm calling the police and getting a restraining order. I've been bullied and mentally abused for 29 frelling years and I'm not taking it anymore! My husband feels the same way!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    Welcome and greetings from sunny Florida

Yes, another sunny Florida greeting !!!

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit